• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Appeal from one of the Madison 5

paul@paul-fisher.com

Can we please not blame the 62 year old lady who called us in? She is NOT the bad guy in this incident. The MPD structure screwed up, not her.

Please, let's remember who broke the law. She did not file a false report.

Thank you!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I have yet to see anyone specifically blaming her for anything; in the least after they heard the call.

I think nearly all of us agree that she is at no fault here. In fact, I think we should send her a gift or at least let her know we all wish her the best.

The Don

I have yet to see anyone specifically blaming her for anything; in the least after they heard the call.

I think nearly all of us agree that she is at no fault here. In fact, I think we should send her a gift or at least let her know we all wish her the best.

+1

M

McX

perhapse she would like a wisconsin carry t-shirt. in the audio she seemed to be interested in it, and was trying to identify it.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Put the blame where it actually lies ... the officers involved and the administration. NOT the woman who simply asked the question.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I can blame her. She was responsible for the creation of the incident. She is one of many thousands of ignorant uninformed sheep, that pee their pants at the sight of a gun. Remember ignorance of the law is NO EXCUSE & at least according to the police ) and she was ignorant of the law that allows Wisconsin residents to legally open carry.
The 62 year old liberal Obama worshiping woman needs to mind her own business.

Did you actually LISTEN to the complete call? As soon as the dispatcher told her it was legal, she basically apologized for calling.

You've never called someone in for something you thought was illegal?

grinner

What evidence do you have that she's a liberal? Have you even listened to the audio?

Sounded like a calm, well-spoken, sweet lady who WAS NOT threatened by guns. She didn't pee her pants. She didn't call in a panic. She just called because she saw something that she didn't understand and thought it was the right thing to do.

And frankly, the Wisconsin OC movement is in a much better place as a result of the call. We should be especially thankful that SHE called, because she was calm and accurately described the actions and demeanor of the Madison 5, making this clearly not a DC situation.

God bless her.

BROKENSPROKET

what evidence do you have that she's a liberal? Have you even listened to the audio?

Sounded like a calm, well-spoken, sweet lady who was not threatened by guns. She didn't pee her pants. She didn't call in a panic. She just called because she saw something that she didn't understand and thought it was the right thing to do.

And frankly, the wisconsin oc movement is in a much better place as a result of the call. We should be especially thankful that she called, because she was calm and accurately described the actions and demeanor of the madison 5, making this clearly not a dc situation.

God bless her.
ditto

BROKENSPROKET

We can start a collection tommorrow and hand it off to Shotgun or another Madisonian.

M

McX

thank goodness this didn't happen in a town named jackson, or we'd be the jackson 5.
or a town named foreigner, or we'd be foreigner 5.

Interceptor_Knight

I can blame her. She was responsible for the creation of the incident. She is one of many thousands of ignorant uninformed sheep, that pee their pants at the sight of a gun. Remember ignorance of the law is NO EXCUSE & ( at least according to the police ) and she was ignorant of the law that allows Wisconsin residents to legally open carry.

But, you can all be pacifist's if you want to be.
A little over the top dude... Ignorance of the law is no excuse to BREAK the law. She consulted the closest resource at hand. She actually did the right thing. She did not sit on her behind and watch something happen without doing something about it. She was being a responsible adult. She expressed regret at the thought of someone getting hassled over her ignorance of the law.
The dispatcher however was not so reasonable. The dispatcher appeared to be biased against firearms. She was aware of the law but did not appear to respect those expressing their right to bear arms.

jamesisel

thank goodness this didn't happen in a town named jackson, or we'd be the jackson 5.
or a town named foreigner, or we'd be foreigner 5.

any 4 guys want to OC in the city of truth or consequences, NM with me this weekend???