• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Appeal from one of the Madison 5

M

McX

This could get out of hand-- but Intercourse (PA) 5 or Blue Ball (also PA) 5?

too quick for me to keep up with, you must have another browser open. hey.......get back to work, they're waiting to interview you! saw you on channel 12 news here.

added on edit; nowhere to dump it, so i'll do it here; saw in the local paper this am, some guy goes into work early, sees his trucks being swiped from, retireves his firearm, and catches the perps cold. held until police arrive.

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

If this case goes to court, or if the WCI lawsuit goes forward the lady may well be called as a witness. It is best to do nothing to raise her ire or do something that can later be used to invalidate her testimony on the grounds that we attempted to influence it.

johnny amish

In my opinion the 62 yr. old woman that made the call should be treated as a hero. It is possible that the combination of 5 oc'ers and one woman meeting in Culvers one random night in Sept. will change the landscape of the gun rights movement in Wisconsin forever. We seem to have a passion and a momentum that might not have happened without this event. I thank her and I thank the Culvers 5.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
If this case goes to court, or if the WCI lawsuit goes forward the lady may well be called as a witness. It is best to do nothing to raise her ire or do something that can later be used to invalidate her testimony on the grounds that we attempted to influence it.

I was wondering about that myself. I would just hope that someone could get the word out so she doesn't feel bad. Can you imagine how you'd feel? She must feel like she got people in trouble that weren't doing anything wrong and the media blitz that followed isn't letting her forget it.

Is it a "no no" to somehow show her some good will, especially from the people that weren't involved in the actual incident? I don't think so but it's certainly an open topic for discussion.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
A little over the top dude... Ignorance of the law is no excuse to BREAK the law. She consulted the closest resource at hand. She actually did the right thing. She did not sit on her behind and watch something happen without doing something about it. She was being a responsible adult. She expressed regret at the thought of someone getting hassled over her ignorance of the law.
The dispatcher however was not so reasonable. The dispatcher appeared to be biased against firearms. She was aware of the law but did not appear to respect those expressing their right to bear arms.

Not over the top & I was VERY to the point, Dude. NO ONE BROKE THE LAW, the 5 were following the law to the letter.

So, It sounds like the hive wants everyone ( the ignorant sheep ) to call the cops on us OCers, everytime we are out, correct ?
The Hive, likes to be hassled by the police, correct ?
The Hive is HAPPY she called & the 5 got violated, correct ?

Then Jerry Bader on WTAQ might be correct..some of us are out to make a political statement.

Me , when I OC, I want to be left alone & not be hassled by the JBT & not have ignorant people call the cops on me, regardless of if they say "SORRY" after.

I sense that some here think this is the "Holy Grail" of OC-Cops incidents & after this goes to court...incidents like this will end...................Well, I hate to let you in on a little secret.......It won't end, cops will continue to hate us OCers, they will continue to violate our rights. That's what the Police Depts have insurance for>>to pay these things off & go on business as usual.

Last edited:

eb31

The whole thing could have been avoided had the two "gentlemen" simply provided their ID when asked. No, they didnt have to. But by refusing they acted suspiciously and make a bigger issue out of a non-issue.

And please, dont hand me the "This isnt Nazi Germany. I dont have to produce my papers upon request". That rhetoric is tired and played out.

IcrewUH60

I was wondering about that myself. I would just hope that someone could get the word out so she doesn't feel bad. Can you imagine how you'd feel? She must feel like she got people in trouble that weren't doing anything wrong and the media blitz that followed isn't letting her forget it.

Is it a "no no" to somehow show her some good will, especially from the people that weren't involved in the actual incident? I don't think so but it's certainly an open topic for discussion.

Her number is avail. From the 911 call. Maybe an authorized representative of WCI could call and introduce themselves... say hello and thank her for how she handled the situation?

J.Gleason

Banned
This whole incident brings "Infragard" to mind. I know you may think that is extreme but this group actually exists and in fact their members do actually call the police on people for doing very much the same thing as the Madison 5. Not saying it is that far in depth but our government is not beyond doing things that would make your jaw drop.

The most interesting part of all is that the police sat across the street from Culvers and observed for a period of time and then made the wrong decision anyways.

Even more reason not to talk to Police. In fact I think after this incident if I am approached by an officer I may not speak at all.

Check out these videos. Some interesting stuff. I know it is a little deeper but still interesting none the less. Probably won't be long before things get this far out of control in Madistan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP26QJCfekg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czrgP0LWKN4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ikyuU7Xs34&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O021Fq4Arw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2RrulPmgTg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ducIVpy2CpA&feature=related

grinner

So, It sounds like the hive wants everyone ( the ignorant sheep ) to call the cops on us OCers, everytime we are out, correct ?

This person called 911 (not the cops necessarily, but just 911) to report what she was observing. She never requested for the police to come out.

The police response was their choice. They apparently observed from a distance for a while and could make their own decision about what, if anything, to do.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
Her number is avail. From the 911 call. Maybe an authorized representative of WCI could call and introduce themselves... say hello and thank her for how she handled the situation?

And let her know that it is OK that she calls the cops every time she sees an OCer. Not her fault right? I mean the next OCer she sees may be a felon. Who knows? Better call the cops every time just to be sure.

OMG, get over this people. She made the decision to call 911. She is an adult. She is responsible for her own actions just like we are. So now she should be put up on a pedestal? I don't think so.

Lets say just for the sake of argument that the Madison 5 lose their law suit. Then is it still OK?
Open carry has been talked about from one side of this state to another. It is not our fault this lady doesn't watch the news or read the papers. She is probably to busy talking on her cell phone.

She is just another Sheep in the flock.

Yooper

And the really funny part about Spread Eagle? There is a strip-club right next to the sign that says "Welcome to Spread Eagle"
(is that in WI, or MI? I thought the highway veers into MI right there, it is real close to Crystal Falls MI.)

It is in WI. It's hard for us Michiganders to carry in that area, because the road keeps jumping into and out of WI.

J.Gleason

Banned
Oh come on now!

This person called 911 (not the cops necessarily, but just 911) to report what she was observing. She never requested for the police to come out.

The police response was their choice. They apparently observed from a distance for a while and could make their own decision about what, if anything, to do.

If she did not intend for the cops to respond then she should have called the non emergency number. She admitted in the call that there was no emergency. Now that I think about my original post on this call I think she should be cited for mis use of the 911 system. She is no hero to me that is for sure. In fact the way you all are talking here it would not surprise me if more of you don't freely talk with the police if you have an encounter as well.

Why not? I mean hey some of the cops are just as ignorant of the law as this woman was. So shouldn't they be treated the same way then? Send them gifts, invite them to picnics. Offer to buy them hand guns. Oh please!

rcav8r

If she did not intend for the cops to respond then she should have called the non emergency number. She admitted in the call that there was no emergency.

Not everyone has non-emergency phone numbers for law enforcement memorized or in their speed dial, and 911 is easy to remember. I do have the Dane County sheriffs number in my phone, but only case I see an unclaimed road kill deer worth salvaging! :)

IcrewUH60

And let her know that it is OK that she calls the cops every time she sees an OCer. Not her fault right? I mean the next OCer she sees may be a felon. Who knows? Better call the cops every time just to be sure.

OMG, get over this people. She made the decision to call 911. She is an adult. She is responsible for her own actions just like we are. So now she should be put up on a pedestal? I don't think so.

Lets say just for the sake of argument that the Madison 5 lose their law suit. Then is it still OK?
Open carry has been talked about from one side of this state to another. It is not our fault this lady doesn't watch the news or read the papers. She is probably to busy talking on her cell phone.

She is just another Sheep in the flock.

No, to let her know that she handled this situation correctly. She wasnt sure, so she called and was informed that it was legal and basically said that ok then, there was no problem.

She is an adult and responsible for her actions, no argument about that. I don't think she did anything "wrong".

If the Madison 5 lose any suit it will have no bearing on what she did in my mind. She did not issue the tickets.

At 62 (correct me if i'm wrong about the age) I would presume that she may not really be involved in keeping track of OC issues and events. Thats just not for us to say.

I don't think she is just another sheep in the flock. She was concerned and got educated. She accepted the new knowledge and corrected herself. The rest of what happens was purely the MPD reaction.

I dont think I was asking to put her on a pedestal, but to just pass on some genuine "thanks". Do you really think she gonna call the cops again when she sees a few OC'ers calmly going about their business in public? I think not, she did not sound like she was an idiot, nor did it seem to me that she had an ulterior motive.