• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Campus gun ban at CU Boulder ignores reality

Maine CWP Training

Campus gun ban at CU Boulder ignores reality
By Brian T. Schwartz

Imagine this news headline: "School shooter apologizes — not for killing — but for violating CU campus gun ban."

Preposterous, right? Not to some members of the University of Colorado Boulder faculty.

A recent motion from the Boulder Faculty Assembly (BFA) supports a campus gun ban — as if someone intent on killing would comply with a campus gun ban, let alone regret breaking one.

READ MORE

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I read in the newspaper recently about a candlelight vigil for a female murder victim. UVa, I think.

It occurred to me that some colleges will go to a lot of trouble to show their concern for someone after they are dead. But, are not sufficiently concerned to not interfer with their right to carry for self-defense.

I wonder if colleges and universities have policies that can be found to show they expect crime and student victims.

The smoking gun, if you will, would be the policies and procedures for campus security for a serious crime. What about the psych department? Are they organized for grief counseling after a crime? Does their list of services provide for such?

I'm thinking that digging up policies that show serious crime is anticipated would go a long way towards discrediting the school administrations GFSZ policies. Especially if juxtaposed as concern for victims, but little concern before they are victims. Work it right and you could almost prove they want to create victims. Victims are easier to deal with. Everybody can sympathize with a victim; it takes no effort.

aadvark

The Appeal has been won.

Colleges can not Prohibit Concealed Carry in Colorado Universities by Permit Holders.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I read in the newspaper recently about a candlelight vigil for a female murder victim. UVa, I think.

It occurred to me that some colleges will go to a lot of trouble to show their concern for someone after they are dead. But, are not sufficiently concerned to not interfer with their right to carry for self-defense.

I wonder if colleges and universities have policies that can be found to show they expect crime and student victims.

The smoking gun, if you will, would be the policies and procedures for campus security for a serious crime. What about the psych department? Are they organized for grief counseling after a crime? Does their list of services provide for such?

I'm thinking that digging up policies that show serious crime is anticipated would go a long way towards discrediting the school administrations GFSZ policies. Especially if juxtaposed as concern for victims, but little concern before they are victims. Work it right and you could almost prove they want to create victims. Victims are easier to deal with. Everybody can sympathize with a victim; it takes no effort.

Excellent point - one which I think should be pursued.