• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kirkland altercation & charges

Deleted_User

+1 Mine showed a hold for some reason. My guess was that within the last 10 years I was out of country. But yes, valid point Dave. Yes, it does happen to us with a valid CPL.

As posted in my original post ... My guess was that within the last 10 years I was out of country.

Goose,

Can you clarify your statement? I have, in the past ten years, been to Europe and Canada, and yet have never had any issues buying or picking up a firearm. Why would being out of country cause a hold?

Thanks.

I have no idea. I was attempting to figure out WHY I was held for 5 days before getting my firearm. I have no idea and could only speculate. There's nothing to clarify, as I'm only speculating.

amlevin

LMAO! Honestly no, but I was all over Europe from 1998-2001 being stationed at SHAPE, BE. I honestly was stunned when I was told it came back as a HOLD.

There are several reasons for a Hold. Similar Name as on other records and they want time to sort them out.

Holds for this reason are usually on forms that the "applicant" has not chosen to include his/her SS Number. That's the only way for them to sort out any similar names "in a flash". Who knows, there may be other's named "Goose" that aren't as upstanding as "our Goose".

Who knows, maybe they think your Canadian

canada-goose-0002.jpg

amlevin

A few years back, I might have been more likely to do this, but some time ago I decided to look for better ways to bring my fights. Direct confrontation isn't always the best way to handle this. While I understand it is the city in the wrong, I would much rather make them pay another way. I'm considering putting together an open carry event somewhere around Marina Park. I'd like to do it early and often enough that people in the area are used to seeing firearms in the area. I totally feel that both the police and the general population in that area need more education on the use of firearms and why they are important. Anyone up for meeting to discuss this somewhere soon? I need guidance on this as I'm not used to being an organizer of these types of events. Given my recent experience, I would like to bring a lot of media attention to the misuse of police power that way as well.

Don't forget to invite a couple of friends with camcorders. Don't expect the media to make available ALL the video they take.

Deleted_User

There are several reasons for a Hold. Similar Name as on other records and they want time to sort them out.

Holds for this reason are usually on forms that the "applicant" has not chosen to include his/her SS Number. That's the only way for them to sort out any similar names "in a flash". Who knows, there may be other's named "Goose" that aren't as upstanding as "our Goose".

Who knows, maybe they think your Canadian

canada-goose-0002.jpg

YOINK! New Avatar! :banana:

jsanchez

You need to fight from your side.

Just read the first entry to this thread, and thought I would give my opinion. You need to get out of Mamby-pamby land, because that Kirkland DA is a JACK-WAGON. You need to threaten that DA with wrongful prosecution lawsuit after your aquitted. Look your job is to persuade the jury to your side, and the there is alot of evidence on your side. One, when your select your jury, go for people who have been victims, beat up, intimidated, victims of domestic violence. These people know what it is to be scared for your life. Two, explain to the jury that concealled carry was started here, and its spread all across the nation, and has lowered crime, show the satistics. Three, show the facts of how 95% of the time a gun is pulled in self defense, shots aren't fired, and the suspect runs away, which happened here. Four, show how many people have concealled carry licenses, thier demographics, age split, gender and race, here in Washington and in Kirkland, dont forget that the Jack Wagon DA probably has one, and does he look unresponsible. Five, show that you did what you did because you are a careing member of the community, and you were just trying to keep your community safe, caring and being envolved with people of your community.

You know I'm not a lawyer, but I know lawyer's are difficult people and they don't like people who are more difficult than them, it puts fear into there ego, and maybe they will go after another case that is fiscally easier. I havent read any of the others replies, so this could be totally out of line, but these are just some ideas that came to my uneducated mind. Good luck and I hope you beat the charge.

Last edited:

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
Did you forget that a video was the factor that got me off the hook this time? :) LESSON DEFINATELY LEARNED! ;) I am seriously considering getting a collar attached camera like some police wear for just such occasions. I know that some tazers have video on them already. I would love a collar-attached camera that used QIK.com to stream live to the internet. But yes, I will definitely have cameras and camcorders there when I put this together.

I saw this yesterday in Popular Science and thought it would be great for open carry. I would still pull out my phone for full video/audio, but this would be a great always on/always present backup:

http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2010-07/live-blogging-life-wearable-vicon-revue-camera

ViconRevue.jpg

Last edited:

Tomas

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
For a time-lapse camera, that's one expensive little bugger - $730 :eek:

You would also look a little odd wearing it around your neck.

It would be nice if it were cheaper, but it's around the same price as a decent handgun. If it has the possibility of reducing the cost of legal fees, emotional distress, sentencing, etc. I think it starts to look like a bargain. The question is, "Can it do any of those things?".

A cheaper camera would probably not be fully automatic, as this one is (taking pictures and changing frequency based on the events occurring around you).

Maybe we should wait for version 2, or 10? :D

Tomas

You would also look a little odd wearing it around your neck.

It would be nice if it were cheaper, but it's around the same price as a decent handgun. If it has the possibility of reducing the cost of legal fees, emotional distress, sentencing, etc. I think it starts to look like a bargain. The question is, "Can it do any of those things?".

A cheaper camera would probably not be fully automatic, as this one is (taking pictures and changing frequency based on the events occurring around you).

Maybe we should wait for version 2, or 10? :D

Time lapse won't do it IMHO.

I'd prefer something like a GoPro Hero or even a little waterproof Kodak Zx3 video cam or a Zi8 that can record live video and audio.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
Time lapse won't do it IMHO.

I'd prefer something like a GoPro Hero or even a little waterproof Kodak Zx3 video cam or a Zi8 that can record live video and audio.

I agree that it isn't preferable as the only recording device to have when a situation arises. That is why I said it would be a great always on/backup camera.

You get 2.5 hours of runtime with the GoPro. That's plenty if you only turn it on when you need it, but I can't guarantee that I will be in a position to be fiddling with switches if the need arises. Unfortunately I have been such situations, and though I did remember (halfway through, as I did not instigate the event) to turn on my recording device, the action of doing so had the additional effect of angering the other party who was detaining me.

The Vicon Revue lasts for 24 hours, long enough that you would only have to recharge it every other day (if that), and no fiddling with switches. Just put it around your neck, and go; if a situation arises by all means also pull out your GoPro or Camera Phone if you are able.

ETA: I wish we could split these posts into a separate thread. I was initially responding to the OP's comment about a camera, but we've gone far off topic.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Yep if you failed to do as a judge ordered you'd be held in contempt.

Don't let this go even if they give you your firearm back. Demand to know the "law" she stated, and file a complaint with the department and the Mayor's office.