• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great experiance at Mens Wearhouse

sempercarry

I'm in town for pre-deployment leave and it just happens to fall on the funeral of a high school friend who recently passed away. I went to have my suit tailored and pressed at Mens Wearhouse on 38th. They do it for free if you bought the suit there which I did. I was OCing my Colt 1911 in my Kramer red leather holster. The lady who was measuring me asked me to remove my weapon to get an accurate measurement. I pulled my belt and holster off and held them while she worked. She took the measurments while staying friendly and only mentioning my weapon once. She didn't seem to be bothered by it at all. The staff stayed friendly the whole time. After she was done, she told me to meet her up at the counter "after I was done putting my gun back on". All in all it was a pleasent experiance and I would definatly reccomend them to any OCer who was interested in a suit.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 158

G20-IWB24/7

K&G, too

I had a similar experience at K&G in Tacoma (which happens to be directly across from the main TPD station). I asked the young lady measuring if I would be alright to have the suit tailored with to conceal my handgun. She said 'No problem, we do that all the time.' So, when I came back to have myself measured, I wore my pistol (in my concealment rig) and they did the measurements so that the right side of my suit had a little extra material than the left. One of the managers walked up and I kindly explained that we were measuring to include the gun (as I was now OCing in front of the mirror) she said, "Oh, I noticed you wearing it on the way in!"

All-in-all, no problems at K&G (and who can beat 2 suits for $149?!?). This was about a year ago.

-G20

sempercarry

do you have to have a reciept to have your suit altered, I bought one there but that was about 30 pounds ago.

They took my info and verified it with the info I provided when I bought the suit a year ago. I did not need a reciept.

amlevin

People who wear suits and carry guns are often cops. Probably thought you were one. Usually, people who wear suits don't cause people as much concern as those who dress in "street gang fashion" or "homeless chic".

Some people who wear suits sometimes have people GIVE their money to them and don't realize they've been robbed for some time. Politicians, Bankers, Car Salesmen, are among those that might fit this category. Don't forget Lawyers.

It's those of us who dress casually in jeans, T-shirts, and "Tavern Jackets" that people get excited about when they see a gun.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Warehouse

I went to the one in Olympia, and the salesman asked me if I always carry. I said usually, so he sized my jacket to fit me and my 9mm. Very pleasant experience overall. (I also have CWP)

Vandal

Same goes for the Men's Wearhouse in Spokane. Each time I have gone in for shirts, ties, whatever my 1911 hasn't phased them in the least. Their customer service has always been great.

heresolong

I've been shopping at MW for years, first in CA and then up here. I generally go to the one in Bellis Fair Mall so conceal when I go into shop. They have been very helpful on both the suits I have bought in the past two years. They asked if I were police but didn't change their positive attitude when I told them I wasn't. They worked with me to find suits that not only fit but hung properly when I had a shoulder holster or an OC rig. Very professional, great to do business with.

daddy4count

Ditto the Tukwila store

The dude who fitted me last summer barely flinched at seeing my gun. I had him measure my pants and coat with CC holsters and pistol in place to make sure I could still wear my shoulder rig and IWB with each suit (I bought 3 of them that day...)

Before the fitting he asked if I needed any belts... I replied that my belts were all specialized and his would not suit my needs. He seemed confused by the reply, but I think he understood after measuring around my XD.

Since I was buying some conservative suits he may have assumed I was Fed or LEO. The suits are very FBI looking... LOL