• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might be moving to Alaska, need help.

40S&W

If you take the ferry to Haines, which is the last stop before it goes back to Bellingham, you will still have to go through Canada to get to Anchorage by road. Best to mail them to yourself.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
If you take the ferry to Haines, which is the last stop before it goes back to Bellingham, you will still have to go through Canada to get to Anchorage by road. Best to mail them to yourself.

Um, the Alaska Marine Highway goes far beyond Haines. You can sail all the way from Bellingham to Whittier in 4 1/2 days, where it is 60 miles to Anchorage by road. No Canada nonsense required.

DWCook

Activist Member
Late posting here, but the Ferry is freaking expensive when you pay for yourself to be on there and your vehicle. It's actually less hassle and cheaper to just drive, as bad as that sounds. I drove to Anchorage, Alaska from Kansas with a best friend. We drove it in 4 1/2 days. It's a long drive but seriously the Ferry isn't cheap by any means.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Late posting here, but the Ferry is freaking expensive when you pay for yourself to be on there and your vehicle. It's actually less hassle and cheaper to just drive, as bad as that sounds. I drove to Anchorage, Alaska from Kansas with a best friend. We drove it in 4 1/2 days. It's a long drive but seriously the Ferry isn't cheap by any means.

Perhaps, but there is no other way to drive there without going through Canada. I thought that avoiding the Canadian anti gun nonsense was kind of the point.