Thread: Signs changed at Ashland Central Park

Smile Signs changed at Ashland Central Park

Our voices have been heard. After many informal and informative meetings, THE SIGNS AT ASHLAND CENTRAL PARK HAVE BEEN CHANGED !!! Thanks to everyone who became involved in this endeavor. Sometimes , when your fighting a bigger fish, you just gotta get a bigger boat.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    Our voices have been heard. After many informal and informative meetings, THE SIGNS AT ASHLAND CENTRAL PARK HAVE BEEN CHANGED !!! Thanks to everyone who became involved in this endeavor. Sometimes , when your fighting a bigger fish, you just gotta get a bigger boat.

Good to hear.

Exclamation Thank you Crump68

I want to publicly thank you for your involvement on this one. I appreciate your hard work.

Congratulations guys and gals! Glad to see you stuck with it and caused change.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Now if we can get them to remove the ban on guns in the state parks.
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

Slight correction, TJ. We need to reverse the ban on guns in State Nature Preserves. Feel free to carry at state parks all you want, just know that a couple of them (like natural bridge) also double as preserves.

As far as I know you are allowed to carry your handgun at Carter Caves, I have many times and never had anything said to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thos.Jefferson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by langzaiguy View Post
    Slight correction, TJ. We need to reverse the ban on guns in State Nature Preserves. Feel free to carry at state parks all you want, just know that a couple of them (like natural bridge) also double as preserves.
    Not according to this

http://parks.ky.gov/reservations/confirmation.htm

line 7
    Last edited by Thos.Jefferson; 09-26-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

Thumbs up

It was a Team effort. Thanks Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    I just got of the phone with the Secretary of the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet. She said she'd have someone call me back. In less than 10 minutes a staff attorney called me back and and said this was a mistake and the KAR had been amended several years ago, but this page had been missed and was not updated. She said it would be changed immediately, probably a matter of few days. I wish the Nature Preserves acted as quickly.
    Man YOU ARE AWESOME!!! You should start lobbying at the State House.

Quote Originally Posted by Thos.Jefferson View Post
    To my knowledge, there are no bans on firearms in State or National Parks. As was noted here, there is an issue with National Bridge due to a National Perserve issue. Additionally, there is an issue in some State Parks with dams and spillways. those fall under the Army Corp of Engineers though, NOT the State Parks system.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE