• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Signs changed at Ashland Central Park

Undertaker

Our voices have been heard. After many informal and informative meetings, THE SIGNS AT ASHLAND CENTRAL PARK HAVE BEEN CHANGED !!! Thanks to everyone who became involved in this endeavor. Sometimes , when your fighting a bigger fish, you just gotta get a bigger boat.

CRUMP68

Our voices have been heard. After many informal and informative meetings, THE SIGNS AT ASHLAND CENTRAL PARK HAVE BEEN CHANGED !!! Thanks to everyone who became involved in this endeavor. Sometimes , when your fighting a bigger fish, you just gotta get a bigger boat.

Good to hear.

langzaiguy

Slight correction, TJ. We need to reverse the ban on guns in State Nature Preserves. Feel free to carry at state parks all you want, just know that a couple of them (like natural bridge) also double as preserves.

Thos.Jefferson

I just got of the phone with the Secretary of the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet. She said she'd have someone call me back. In less than 10 minutes a staff attorney called me back and and said this was a mistake and the KAR had been amended several years ago, but this page had been missed and was not updated. She said it would be changed immediately, probably a matter of few days. I wish the Nature Preserves acted as quickly.

Man YOU ARE AWESOME!!! You should start lobbying at the State House.

neuroblades

Now if we can get them to remove the ban on guns in the state parks.

To my knowledge, there are no bans on firearms in State or National Parks. As was noted here, there is an issue with National Bridge due to a National Perserve issue. Additionally, there is an issue in some State Parks with dams and spillways. those fall under the Army Corp of Engineers though, NOT the State Parks system.