Thread: First time OC in AL

Smile First time OC in AL

Finally made it to AL today via the Silver Comet/ Chief Ladiga trail, but only rode about 2.5 miles into AL before turning around. OC'd all day. Stopped at the gateway and talked to a Boy Scout troop (32 in all) and the leaders. No one paid any attention to the Glock on my side. Passed four teenage girls out walking, and one said to me as I passed, "I like your gun". It was a good day,yesiree.

Banned
    And, you didn't say, "I like your..."

Never mind.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    and one said to me as I passed, "I like your gun". It was a good day,yesiree.
    I got that line one time, but then she saw my wife. Didn't say anything after that.

"I like your gun"

My point was that nobody I passed while biking on the trail "freaked out" over my open carry, not even a bunch of teenage girls.

Banned
    We got that. It's good.

Just having some fun.

I understand. Just want to keep it family friendly here. Planning to ride from the Chief Ladiga welcome center in Piedmont to the AL/GA line. Anyone have any experience OC'g in Piedmont, Calhoun CO or Cleburne CO?

Cleburne County thinks Open Carry is Illegal.

Their Sheriff Office WILL cite 13A-11-52 against any Open Carrier, if the Firearm is a Handgun.

I was told this at The Cleburne County Jail by two different Sheriff Deputies, and a Female Assistant.

Thing is... if you're OC and you don't give off the vibe that you're nervous or doing something illegal... most Alabamians are simply not going to give you more than a second glance. If you're completely at ease with a weapon on your side... the public will be too. Even if you're in the wrong, they'll assume you're in the right. It is Alabama after all... a lot of folks will see it and say "Huh, I guess that is legal here."
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.