• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I hope i have come to the right place.

Fuller Malarkey

You are articulate. what is the problem with the information he has been offered, and how will acting on that information jeopardize his future?

It appears you have missed my question. I ask this not only for the sake of HOJ, but for all who read these forums. I would like to know from the source what problems we will encounter by invoking what few rights we do have. Dropping the allusions, please tell us what we can loose by invoking our rights and what we will gain from cooperating with someone intent on violating our rights.

Fuller Malarkey

Nobody seems to be providing the lad bad advice at all from what little I know of your laws, but did anyone consider the lad's desire to become an LEO?

I for one have considered his interest in law enforcement. I think it only right that he be made aware of some of the inconsistencies presented by our new found friend from the Blue Line.

Maclean hails from the great state of Washington. he has stated in his well crafted manifesto: "Be prepared for some sorrow. The worst of it will be when you sign a statement accusing someone who used to be like you of trashing their promise and betraying their oath. It *will* happen if you stick around for any length of time."

Now, take a look over here in this thread, regarding an incident in Washington State, by Maclean's fellow officers.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?81293-Harrassed-by-4-sheriffs-in-STARBUCKS!

Why is he not over there, confronting the violations of this persons civil rights? This is an egregious wrong committed under the color of the law. I will venture Maclean will be no where near that thread. The Blue Line shall be protected, regardless of the price to the people they swore to serve and protect. One cannot serve two masters. Either they work for the people, or they serve themselves. Trees are known by the fruit they bear. Lets just see what kind of fruit this one sprouts.

I suspect that Maclean's involvement in this thread is nothing more than an attempt at taking advantage of a vulnerable, youthful member. As he states, "Avoid poison people." This might beg the question "who fed these people the poison"? I see the dismissal of poisoned people as an attempt to dodge responsibility for an atmosphere the police created, and would like to sweep under the rug. The poisoned people and the damaged reputation of the police is just collateral damage....the price of doing business.

We have here a Trojan Horse. The sooner it is out of here the sooner the poison it dispenses will end.

HolyOrangeJuice

I am trying to see it from everyone's point of view. I do not know any of you and I am not going to take what you say is true. I will do my own research into my career and my options to carry along with the help i have asked for and make my own decisions. I can't just listen to what a cop says because he has his own opinions about it and i can't just listen to OCers. I have to sift through what is true and what is not and come up with my own conclusions.

Right now, i am working towards becoming an MP. I am going to college right now and will finish the year around June or so when i planned to join up. If i absolutely cannot become an MP i will not join and continue my schooling to get my associates degree in criminal justice and go from there.

Also, i am wanting to help and do my part to get Wisconsin to allow CCW of some kind and restrict OC a little bit less. I want to OC myself for my own reasons but on the other hand do not want to lose my chances at my dream job because some ignorant cop arrested and charged me with something that is perfectly legal. In all my time growing up in my town i have never seen 1 person OCing and I am worried that the police here and citizens might not be use to it and freak out about it if they see it. However, if something were to happen while i chose not to OC and OCing may have prevented it, i could never forgive myself. I have had 4 family members die in the past 6 or so years due to many things like cancer, heart attacks, old age and I don't want anyone else to pass away until they are nice and old.

M

McX

so..........orange guy, with all the knowledge you have to obsorb, and all the activity here, and all the things to think about, and the history you are witnessing...........you stayin I gather? Welcome to the club.

johnny amish

Completely agreed with this poster.

I'll give it my go at a "wear sunscreen" style post....

You're eighteen years old, and interested in a life of service. This is noble, and getting rare.

You're going to get advice for however long you breathe. Some of it will be good, some of it will be bad. Some of it will be yelled by a drill instructor, and some of it will be read in books or delivered by a bored watch commander.

Some of it you will find online. Use this advice the least, and pay attention to that delivered by someone who stays in their lane. The internet is full of keyboard commandos who have never had skin in the game. It's also full of poison people, which we will get to in a moment.

The process of being a good man is to learn to decipher which advice to follow and which advice to ignore. The process of becoming a great man is learn from the times when you didn't ignore the bad advice. The process of being a hero is about learning when it's worth risking everything you have and everything you are.

When you are in day one through three at basic training, you're going to take an oath. You're going to be scared, rushed, and far from home maybe for the first time in your life. LISTEN to each word of it. Maybe two other people in the ranks with you will do the same - I wouldn't have if I wasn't raised by someone to told me ahead of time. The words you repeat in that oath will mark you - well, should mark you - for the rest of your life.

Look into Oathkeepers and service organizations like Rotary. If not to join, then to examine the commitment and consider it for your own personal beliefs.

Avoid poison people. Poison people seek conflict from the shelter of their own reality. They will tell you all LEO's are a certain way, or all Sergeants are a certain way. Poison officers will tell you to avoid NCO's, and poison NCO's will tell you to avoid officers. They're all wrong - take people as you find them, and learn to recognize those who relate to you from their own selfish motivations.

Listen. A lot. Read. A lot. You're going to run into a lot of people with a "little" knowledge - in school, in basic, online, in the academy - everywhere. Double check the things they tell you, and read two or three subjects sideways from whatever prompted your inquiry. History is always more valuable than opinion, but recognize that historians all have opinions. When you talk, make it to ask a question. Always remember that our own Constitution and that of your State were not born of consensus. They were agreed upon after much negotiation, and nine guys in robes get to decide what it means, not you. If folks as great as our founders disagreed on the basics, don't expect you'll see everyone agree in your time.

Seek consensus and friendship. The profession of arms or the profession of law enforcement will both subject you to conflict. Make friends following the advice of George Washington - "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." Always be willing to help move, to help build an addition, or put on a roof.

LEARN A TRADE. The ability to wire a house or fix plumbing will put you in good standing more times than you will ever know, and folks in the fire departments have a lot to teach us in this regard.

Leave work at work. Your SO didn't sign up to do your job, and neither did your kids if you have any.

Stay in shape. Not doing either of those will kill you or get those around you killed. Drink in moderation, and stay away from tobacco.

At the end of your academy, you are going to be standing in a rank, and before Mom, Dad, or your SO pins on your badge - you're going to recite an oath again. LISTEN to each word of it. Maybe two other people in the ranks with you will do the same - I wouldn't have if I wasn't raised by someone to told me ahead of time. The words you repeat in that oath will mark you - well, should mark you - for the rest of your life.

Be prepared for some sorrow. The worst of it will be when you sign a statement accusing someone who used to be like you of trashing their promise and betraying their oath. It *will* happen if you stick around for any length of time.

You'll lose friends. To suicide, to criminal violence, and to stupid accidents. Some of them will retire or just quit.

I'll wrap it up simply. Do what you say you will do, and don't betray your oath. If you do that, I will always be at your service.

PS: if you ever want to discuss anything, to include the "Blue Wall of Silence" you let me know. I'm at your service. I'd love to talk to you twenty years from now and hear how it went.

Very well said, thank you.

maclean

I for one have considered his interest in law enforcement. I think it only right that he be made aware of some of the inconsistencies presented by our new found friend from the Blue Line.

Maclean hails from the great state of Washington. he has stated in his well crafted manifesto: "Be prepared for some sorrow. The worst of it will be when you sign a statement accusing someone who used to be like you of trashing their promise and betraying their oath. It *will* happen if you stick around for any length of time."

Now, take a look over here in this thread, regarding an incident in Washington State, by Maclean's fellow officers.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?81293-Harrassed-by-4-sheriffs-in-STARBUCKS!

Why is he not over there, confronting the violations of this persons civil rights? This is an egregious wrong committed under the color of the law. I will venture Maclean will be no where near that thread. The Blue Line shall be protected, regardless of the price to the people they swore to serve and protect. One cannot serve two masters. Either they work for the people, or they serve themselves. Trees are known by the fruit they bear. Lets just see what kind of fruit this one sprouts.

I suspect that Maclean's involvement in this thread is nothing more than an attempt at taking advantage of a vulnerable, youthful member. As he states, "Avoid poison people." This might beg the question "who fed these people the poison"? I see the dismissal of poisoned people as an attempt to dodge responsibility for an atmosphere the police created, and would like to sweep under the rug. The poisoned people and the damaged reputation of the police is just collateral damage....the price of doing business.

We have here a Trojan Horse. The sooner it is out of here the sooner the poison it dispenses will end.

The mind of the paranoid always amazes me.

Upon the request of any staff member of your site, I will leave immediately.

Over a year ago, I actually requested my membership be deleted when I ran into folks like you more often than not - folks who suspect everything of everyone simply because they chose to do a job you won't.

Poison people.

I'm going to ignore poison people and participate with the others, like this lad - and like the others that send me kind PM's and enjoy real education and discussion.

Your mileage may vary.

HoJ, my offer still stands.

HolyOrangeJuice

I simply am on this forum because i wanted to know what my rights were in the state of Wisconsin to carry a firearm. I feel that over the past few days i have learned what those rights are and what i should do while encountering other people or police while exercising those rights.

I am also a supporter of CCW and OC. I think everyone has the right to carry firearms and i would like to do my part to get OC more accepted and CCW passed. Restricting our right is hurting us more than helping us.

As far as what happened in Washington state with that guy and those police officers does not necessarily reflect what Maclean feels or thinks. How would you guys know what he thinks unless he has posted or made it clear to you in a thread or PM. I have not been on the forums long enough to know any of you and you really cant "know" someone over the internet. Anyone can be anything they want to over the internet.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

.......Now, take a look over here in this thread, regarding an incident in Washington State, by Maclean's fellow officers. .

You do not like the message so you attack the messenger.... Instead of choosing to debate something which was posted here, you stalk him on another forum...

Interceptor_Knight

I would like to know from the source what problems we will encounter by invoking what few rights we do have. Dropping the allusions, please tell us what we can loose by invoking our rights and what we will gain from cooperating with someone intent on violating our rights.
Like it or not, this is political. It is often wise to exercise your rights with tact. Just because you have the "right" to not present ID does not mean that you should NEVER present ID. Just as zero tolerance policies demand zero reasoning, so does a policy of never showing ID because it is your "right" not to.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Like it or not, there are consequences for your actions. The consequences for you stomping up and down asserting your "rights" could be the perception by some as you being a trouble maker, of you not being a reasonable person. It is your choice to make, but you must live with the consequences.

Fuller Malarkey

Like it or not, this is political. It is often wise to exercise your rights with tact. Just because you have the "right" to not present ID does not mean that you should NEVER present ID. Just as zero tolerance policies demand zero reasoning, so does a policy of never showing ID because it is your "right" not to.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Like it or not, there are consequences for your actions. The consequences for you stomping up and down asserting your "rights" could be the perception by some as you being a trouble maker, of you not being a reasonable person. It is your choice to make, but you must live with the consequences.

This does not answer the question, nor are you the source.

Fuller Malarkey

You do not like the message so you attack the messenger.... Instead of choosing to debate something which was posted here, you stalk him on another forum...

The evasion of questions indicate a reluctance or inability to debate. Stalking? Referencing a thread that mclean isn't participating in hardly indicates stalking.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

@ Fuller Malarkey
Please don't come in here trying to start problems just for the lack of something better to do, I believe HolyOrangeJuice asked to keep this thread civil, so let's do just that please. And stay on topic..

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned

Obviously you didn't read the whole story of the Madison 5. Three of them presented ID and they were still cited. So your theory is bad in that it is proven wrong by fact.

Stomp your feet and make it known that you know your rights because a right not exercised is a right lost.

J.Gleason

Banned
@ Fuller Malarkey
Please don't come in here trying to start problems just for the lack of something better to do, I believe HolyOrangeJuice asked to keep this thread civil, so let's do just that please. And stay on topic..

Nothing wrong with questioning the agenda of LEO when they come into this forum. Seems to me, if the LEO wants to run off and have his account deleted because someone does not agree with his position then maybe his plans were foiled.
Every time an LEO comes into this forum and tries to plant negatives in the mind of new members or people browsing the forum, someone screams "Cop Bashing" or claims someone is disrupting the forum rather than stepping up and arguing the point with said LEO. That is just BS and just shows that many here are still under the sheeple spell that has been cast over us by the government that everything an LEO says is right and we are wrong. Nothing wrong with a good debate and besides it is always humorous when the LEO's start spouting out all of their good advice rhetoric that is not backed by any facts at all. Most of them, and I mean that with only a very slight exception, don't even know the laws that they are trying to enforce. It would have been in the best interest of the MPD officers who arrested the Madison 5 to go back to their squad and make a phone call to the city attorney before proceeding. Maybe they wouldn't be in the mess they are in right now.