Thread: OC Luncheon, Sat 10/02/10, 11:30am at Foster's Grille in Old Town Manassas

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

OC Luncheon, Sat 10/02/10, 11:30am at Foster's Grille in Old Town Manassas

The Old Town Manassas Foster's Grille is located at,

9417 West Street, Manassas, VA (703) 257-7272 www.fostersgrille.com

It is just across from the Pavillion by the old train station, off of Center Street.

As the subject says, let's start this thing at 11:30am. Y'all come!
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I love this place, it's the orig OCDO Fosters meeting spot. I'll be there, thanks for setting this up on a WEEKEND at a reasonable time at a place that's not 3 miles from the MD border. (sorry Ed, had to ding ya) I was thinkinjg about setting one up in Vienna soon.

Who else is down? It's been a while folks, it's Saturday and the weather might be good.

Speaking of OCDO lunches, Vet's day is around the corner. Y'all might wanna start making arrangements now.

I'm there despite of living in MD.

parking?

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    I'm there despite of living in MD.

parking?
    There are several places where you may park close to the restaurant. I think the 11:30am time might be better for the parking situation.

Glad you're going to make it.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 09-27-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

parking recommendations? BTW, I have a handicapped parking permit if that matters.

parking recommendations? BTW, I have a handicapped parking permit if that matters.
    Yes, I'm sure there are handicapped spots close by. I don't know exactly where since I don't use them, however. There are two lots close to Foster's plus street parking.

America First!

ok-i'll be the guy using a cane and sporting a 1911

;>)

I'll be the tall fat guy with the HK45. That reminds me, it needs cleaning...

you mean you won't be naked?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Much as I love Fosters in Manaassas, I've gotta miss this one -- I'll be OUTSIDE Cantor's Republican Roundup, with a GSL poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Much as I love Fosters in Manaassas, I've gotta miss this one -- I'll be OUTSIDE Cantor's Republican Roundup, with a GSL poster.
    Well, we'll miss you and yours for sure.

America First!

I'd love to come too, but I'll be in Chantilly at the VCDL table...

Roscoe

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    be sure to stop by G&A while you're out there.

Why is EVERYTHING this weekend of the gun show? I'm missing Ed's litter pickup and the Cantor protest too.
    So does that mean you won't be able to make it? I'm going to the Dulles show on Friday.

America First!

are we down to 2?

are we down to 2?
    I haven't heard from hawkflyer yet in the affirmative, but he did let me know in an earlier PM that the weekend days are a better choice for him. I'm hoping he makes it.

I have two friends who would like to join us as well and it looks good for them. So that would have five... six if hawkflyer comes. Not exactly a large turnout by any means but still should be Ok. Would this work for you and would you still be of a mind to head down for it?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I haven't heard from hawkflyer yet in the affirmative, but he did let me know in an earlier PM that the weekend days are a better choice for him. I'm hoping he makes it.

I have two friends who would like to join us as well and it looks good for them. So that would have five... six if hawkflyer comes. Not exactly a large turnout by any means but still should be Ok. Would this work for you and would you still be of a mind to head down for it?
    absolutely. I've meaning to do this for quite a while so it's great and i look forward to coming to VA more in the future.

see you on Sat.

absolutely. I've meaning to do this for quite a while so it's great and i look forward to coming to VA more in the future.

see you on Sat.
    That's great. Looking forward to it.

America First!

Man, I'd love to join you guys! That place is right here in my 'hood, too. But, alas, I'm working @ our Dulles Town Center store from 1300-2130. Actually, I could drop in and meet y'all if it's OK that I don't stay too long.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulX608 View Post
    Man, I'd love to join you guys! That place is right here in my 'hood, too. But, alas, I'm working @ our Dulles Town Center store from 1300-2130. Actually, I could drop in and meet y'all if it's OK that I don't stay too long.
    Please do stop by. We'd be happy to have you join us.

America First!

Great meeting swinokur and nakedshoplifter today at Foster's. Just our luck.. today was Manassas Fall Festival day in Old town and there were LOTS of people milling around with closed off streets. But we had a nice lunch and good conversation.

My two friends also showed up and enjoyed themselves as well.

Thanks again folks.

America First!

Great meeting everyone. No one in Manassas or most of VA gives you a second look. Not one. NOVA seems just as at ease in my experience. Nice

Real PIA to pull to the shoulder at the Legion bridge in either direction to comply with MD's archaic rules. Hard to believe that a just a state line can illustrate how our badly our 2A rights have gone in the trash.

I think SAF's lawsuit will change carry laws in MD by 2012. Then all we have to put up with will be scared liberals calling a MWAG and cops harassing carriers because they don't know the law. I don't think we will get both OC and CC at the same time unless we get lucky in court, but one at least

Thanks everyone for great hospitality. This won't be my last one that's for sure.
    Last edited by swinokur; 10-02-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Great meeting everyone. No one in Manassas or most of VA gives you a second look. Not one. NOVA seems just as at ease in my experience. Nice

Real PIA to pull to the shoulder at the Legion bridge in either direction to comply with MD's archaic rules. Hard to believe that a just a state line can illustrate how our badly our 2A rights have gone in the trash.

I think SAF's lawsuit will change carry laws in MD by 2012. Then all we have to put up with will be scared liberals calling a MWAG and cops harassing carriers because they don't know the law. I don't think we will get both OC and CC at the same time unless we get lucky in court, but one at least

Thanks everyone for great hospitality. This won't be my last one that's for sure.
    Enjoyed it. As an example of how you can generally expect to be treated (as if you didn't already know this) was the young mother with the two cute little girls who was talking to us. It didn't appear one time that she was intimidated or worried about the fact that there were armed citizens close to her and her daughters.

Do join us again. Your company was appreciated.

America First!

I fail to understand why people can't don't see the logic in when bad guys have guns it's bad but when good guys have them it's good.

You know the definition of a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

I managed to get within sight of the restaurant, but there was nowhere I could see to park that would allow me to pop in, meet folks, and still get to work on time. I'll have to hit the next one.
    Last edited by PaulX608; 10-02-2010 at 10:56 PM.