• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Luncheon, Sat 10/02/10, 11:30am at Foster's Grille in Old Town Manassas

swinokur

Activist Member
Great meeting everyone. No one in Manassas or most of VA gives you a second look. Not one. NOVA seems just as at ease in my experience. Nice

Real PIA to pull to the shoulder at the Legion bridge in either direction to comply with MD's archaic rules. Hard to believe that a just a state line can illustrate how our badly our 2A rights have gone in the trash.

I think SAF's lawsuit will change carry laws in MD by 2012. Then all we have to put up with will be scared liberals calling a MWAG and cops harassing carriers because they don't know the law. I don't think we will get both OC and CC at the same time unless we get lucky in court, but one at least

Thanks everyone for great hospitality. This won't be my last one that's for sure.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Great meeting everyone. No one in Manassas or most of VA gives you a second look. Not one. NOVA seems just as at ease in my experience. Nice

Real PIA to pull to the shoulder at the Legion bridge in either direction to comply with MD's archaic rules. Hard to believe that a just a state line can illustrate how our badly our 2A rights have gone in the trash.

I think SAF's lawsuit will change carry laws in MD by 2012. Then all we have to put up with will be scared liberals calling a MWAG and cops harassing carriers because they don't know the law. I don't think we will get both OC and CC at the same time unless we get lucky in court, but one at least

Thanks everyone for great hospitality. This won't be my last one that's for sure.

Enjoyed it. As an example of how you can generally expect to be treated (as if you didn't already know this) was the young mother with the two cute little girls who was talking to us. It didn't appear one time that she was intimidated or worried about the fact that there were armed citizens close to her and her daughters.

Do join us again. Your company was appreciated.

swinokur

Activist Member
I fail to understand why people can't don't see the logic in when bad guys have guns it's bad but when good guys have them it's good.

You know the definition of a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged.

PaulX608

I managed to get within sight of the restaurant, but there was nowhere I could see to park that would allow me to pop in, meet folks, and still get to work on time. I'll have to hit the next one.

Last edited: