• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raising money for a wci trailer

LOERetired

Raising money for a WCI trailer

Given that we have several picnics in a year, and with whatever political events WCI attends, It’s my suggestion that WCI should have a trailer.

If WCI and the membership owned their own trailer, it could be filled with picnic supplies, like what’s already brought by WCI to picnics by Huber, along with tables, tents, and even our own WCI grill, and WCI merchandise, which would then be all in one place, you just hook up and go to the event fully prepared.

Most important part of part of having a WCI trailer would be to further let the public know about our movement and their right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose, and that this right shall not be infringed on.

I can visualize it now, and this is only a suggestion, anyone with other ideas are welcome, let us know on the forum.

Picture a new trailer with a large American flag painted on each side of the trailer, along with big letters painted over the flag stating something to the effect:

As member of Wisconsin Carry Inc. we defend our right to bear arms under the Wisconsin Constitution which gives the people the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose, and to defend the right given by the United States Constitution which states that the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Where ever we go with the trailer for whatever reason, picnic or political event, the trailer would be along with, and the message on the side of the trailer (whatever wording is chosen) would be read by a lot of people, going to the event, at the event, and on the return trip and in turn, we would have a chance to educate citizens and law enforcement in the process, of our organization and to their constitutional rights.

I would volunteer to spearhead the movement to raise money to cover the cost of the trailer, paining the sides, and picnic items. I don’t know at this time how I would raise the money, but, together as members we should be able to come up some suggestions.

With permission of WCI to raise money for a trailer, we can work on raising money over this winter along with any member of Wisconsin Carry who would like to volunteer to help me raise money. The last time I raised money, I only had two weeks, and I raised $5,000.00, give me all winter, and help from the membership, I'm sure we could raise enough to money to purchase a new trailer, and have it painted by spring.

Let’s debate this on the forum, and see what the membership thinks, what kind of fundraisers we can come up with, and who might be available to help.

If we do this here are the conditions:

Each time we have an event to raise money, the money raised, would be immediately be turned over to a WCI officer to be held by WCI in their account until we have enough money raised to purchase the trailer and have it painted. In turning over the funds we prevent, a large amount of money being kept by any one member, and when we have enough money raised, it would allow WCI to purchase the trailer, thereby, in doing so, WCI would be the title holder which would give WCI and its membership ownership.

Nic, Huber or any other officers have any suggestion, kick this suggestion around, and let us know if we have permission to proceed, and make it happen, as I said, I’ll volunteer to spearhead this and begin the fundraising as soon as we have permission from WCI officers, and membership and hopefully, by spring, we would have enough money raised to purchase a trailer, paint it and fill it with picnic supplies, and WCI merchandise to sell.

Don

Last edited:

LOERetired

How I raised $5000.00 in two weeks

I was on vacation at the time and I met with a local establishment who was willing to allow me to have a band and raffle. I visited the local businesses and asked for donation from their store, something less than $50.00. I made up poster and put them around town for the dance and raffle.

I also told the establishment that I would provide the local newspaper with an article about the reason for the fundraiser and include their establishment on the list in the articles one who one of the sponsors of the event so the establishment would then also receive local advertising.

We had a good turn out and sold a lot of tickets and during the bands break; we raffled off the merchandise, which was all donated by local businesses. After expenses, I had raised $5000.00.

Simple as that!! I have no problem doing this throughout Wisconsin in any community where a member of WCI lives and wishes to help raise money for a WCI trailer; it just takes time, organizational skills and some running around which as I said, I would be willing to do over this winter

Don

Last edited:

Nate L

I know someone local to me who does lettering, I can forward you her information if you would like me to. I know its a drive but she does a very good job at a very low price!

LOERetired

Lettering

I know someone local to me who does lettering, I can forward you her information if you would like me to. I know its a drive but she does a very good job at a very low price!

When we get that far in the process, we could check out your sugestion.

Don

FMJ45

When we get that far in the process, we could check out your sugestion.

Don

Well, if WCI is a non profit, donations might fit the bill. Tax write off's are always welcome, except in times of bad cash flow. (Like now) That said though, the flag is always a patriotic symbol, but under the flag code, perhaps that symbol should be left to FLY from the trailer once on site, and keep the sides for WCI logo, and business support names. Consider the trailer to be a race car, with space on it just waiting to be sold.

Perhaps Culvers, Starbucks, or some other favorable company will pop for some $ on this.

Just a few thoughts to digest.
Thanks.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Well, if WCI is a non profit, donations might fit the bill. Tax write off's are always welcome, except in times of bad cash flow. (Like now) That said though, the flag is always a patriotic symbol, but under the flag code, perhaps that symbol should be left to FLY from the trailer once on site, and keep the sides for WCI logo, and business support names. Consider the trailer to be a race car, with space on it just waiting to be sold.

Perhaps Culvers, Starbucks, or some other favorable company will pop for some $ on this.

Just a few thoughts to digest.
Thanks.

It is non-profit but not charitable so no tax deduction.

Vandil

Vinyl wrap, you can print any design or graphic you want on it and then just wrap the trailer. Trailers are cake no compound curves just a big flat surface.

Personally the I'd rather see the flag fly like it was intended to be displayed. There are a couple of companies that makes snap up rec Boat\RV micro wind turbine masts that would work nicely.