• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Slightly OT: You read the forums too much when ...

Deleted_User

It was a great Sunday afternoon and I took a nap...

I'm shopping at the Marksman and I see a guy rearming himself outside. I was a little curious but I decided to approach anyhow. I venture inside and hear someone behind me. I check my blind spot to see WSP there.

WSP: "Sir, why are you OC?"
Me: "Because I can."
WSP: "I have to check to see if you're under the influence of any illegal substances or alcohol. will you disarm please"
Me: "I don't feel safe disarming in front of you with a loaded weapon. I saw what happened in Las Vegas at a Costco. Do I look like I am under the influence of anything?"
WSP: "No, but I want to make sure."
Me: If I don't appear to be on anything, you have no RAS to "suspect" anything. Am I free to go?"
WSP: Incoherent mumbling...
Me: If I am not being detained and am free to go, have a good day.
WSP: Just you OC guys go home.
Me: I will as soon as I get my Blackhawk Serpa.

I woke up and wondered just how much OCDO is running through my brain while I sleep. Mayhaps I'm following LV and Wisconsin too closely :)

Last edited:

mparramore

All the time..

I dream about being in situations with my 45 all the time. It's funny the most common dreams are about either the gun jams or my gun gets stuck in the holster. Maybe it is a fear and that is in the back of my mind, and comes out in my dreams. Oh and the getting shot dream is a big one also. does anyone else have dreams of being shot or shot at?

mparramore

Sometimes I do. Or dreams where I'm taking a shot, and the trigger squeeze is really heavy.

Try having dreams about being a nuclear blast...definitely not fun.

I have end of world dreams all the time... not cool.
When I was a teenager my best friend had a revelation (last chapter in the Bible) dream and freaked out and his parents took him to a psychologist.

Metalhead47

I dream about being in situations with my 45 all the time. It's funny the most common dreams are about either the gun jams or my gun gets stuck in the holster. Maybe it is a fear and that is in the back of my mind, and comes out in my dreams. Oh and the getting shot dream is a big one also. does anyone else have dreams of being shot or shot at?

I get the "gun jam" ones too. Or it fires, see the bullet hole in the BG's forehead, and it doesn't stop him. Bad juju.

But the dreams were I shoot fireballs from my hands usually make up for those :monkey

amlevin

You guys need help. Every red blooded male knows that dreams involve young, nubile, women, that wear little or no clothes, and don't know the word "NO". You know the expression "Only in your Dreams"? Guns don't even come close for a memorable dream.

Trigger Dr

Not any more, but I did have those dreams for a while after returning from Viet Nam

Hammer

You guys need help. Every red blooded male knows that dreams involve young, nubile, women, that wear little or no clothes, and don't know the word "NO". You know the expression "Only in your Dreams"? Guns don't even come close for a memorable dream.

In the Navy the euphemism for that was a "wet dream" One had to wonder if the user of the ditty was really asleep....

tombrewster421

Sometimes I do. Or dreams where I'm taking a shot, and the trigger squeeze is really heavy.

How about dreaming that you fall through the ice on a frozen lake and you just keep sinking until you can't hold your breath anymore. Then you drown. Now that's no fun. At least a nuke would kill you fast.

Squeak

A little advice

Now, listen up! I have said this before and I will say it again; let go of the mouse and back away from your PC very s l o w l y. You have what is called....................too much time on your hands! If this is all you have to do, come over and I will put you to work! Man! I have to hit 3 more forums before I hit my email!:lol:

Mech

I once dreamt that my high school sweetheart and I went to the movie theater (which we do quite often) and saw a movie, which had everyone talking after wards. I went into the men's room after the movie, and in there was another man that started talking trash to me and tried to instigate a fight, but I let that ride. Then when he put his hand on my shoulder and shoved me violently, I spun around and drew my piece (was CC'ing in the dream XD) and yelled at him to back off, and a second later, my hs sweetheart burst through the door (yes, into the men's room), drew her baton (she's not comfortable with carrying a gun yet) and SCREAMED at the guy to "back the f*** away from my guy!!!!!!"

Twas a hilarious dream; then I woke up to her calling me on the phone cuz it was Saturday morning and she wanted to chat XD I told her about it and we both had a good laugh; she never had a problem with me OC'ing, in fact, the first time I OC'ed and picked her up from her home, her dad definitely saw the piece and said "Nice gun! Better protect my daughter well" and my hs sweetheart just said "What took ya so long to start OC'ing?" She OC's a baton whenever she goes out alone now; I'm planning on taking her shooting more often whenever I'm at home! :D

Genken

At least a nuke would kill you fast.

Not really. It's all slo-mo. First you hear a faint roar, like a breeze picking up, but really slow, and really constant. And then it starts to get brighter. And the sound is increasing with the brightness. And then it gets Deafening, and blinding...

...and then you wake up. In a cold sweat, breathing heavy. I guess there isn't a felt temperature change, because the heat from a nuclear blast would fry your sense of temperature change quickly...so yeah...I dunno.

amlevin

Not really. It's all slo-mo. First you hear a faint roar, like a breeze picking up, but really slow, and really constant. And then it starts to get brighter. And the sound is increasing with the brightness. And then it gets Deafening, and blinding...

I believe you have it backwards. Light travels far faster than sound. You'd see the flash and if you were close enough, thats all.

Lovenox

I dream I am dropping mortar rounds and I have to do misfire procedures while the FOB is getting overrun.

Tomas

The only ones I've ever had even remotely close to those went like this...

We're in the open and taking incoming small arms fire from the surrounding foliage at night. Can't see the enemy, all we can see is the muzzle flashes so we fire back at the muzzle flashes, never knowing if we hit anything, just knowing that they just won't stop. That used to go on until I was jarred awake, sweating, looking for cover.

Haven't had those for several decades...
________

Working with nukes never bothered me, if anything went wrong I'd never have known about it.

I remember a nuke rolling off a trailer on the flightline at Carswell AFB, and rolling like a tipped over trash can down the taxiway. People were running like hell, as if they expected to be able to get far enough away to make a difference. Myself, I just stopped and watched, and when it stopped rolling, blocked traffic with my maintenance truck to keep folks away from it. Nothing else to do, really. :D

Last edited:

Genken

Yeah, but it was like, really slo-mo stuff...and I guess the light and sound were growing together, but I've always been in some kind of building. Once I was in something like a gymnasium, but it wasn't, don't know how to describe it...