Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Buckey Firearms Association is offering matching funds to WCI

  1. #1
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047

    Buckey Firearms Association is offering matching funds to WCI

    If you want to double your money going to WCI for the lawsuit, go here

    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    When I get a few more dollars (I get paid soon), I'll make another donation.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  3. #3
    Regular Member IcrewUH60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Verona, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    481
    Thanks for the link. I re-posted it to my Facebook page and asked both in-state and out of state friends and family to chip in.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    $$ sent. Should also note that a donation is tax deductible. Organizations like this are needed to counter the billion dollar political interventions against constitutional rights that groups like the Joyce Foundation and elitists like Bloomberg can muster.

  5. #5
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Too Good to be True

    We all know the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

    I am NOT saying that it is, but I almost donated and that saying poped into my head. There are a lot of scams out there. How do I know this is ligite? I did not have time to research Buckeye Firearms Assoc. Will they hoestly and accurately release to WCI any records to prove that all the donations received plus what they promise to match can be verified. If Nik Clark could chime in and give me reassurance, I will put my faith in that and donate.

  6. #6
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    We all know the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

    I am NOT saying that it is, but I almost donated and that saying poped into my head. There are a lot of scams out there. How do I know this is ligite? I did not have time to research Buckeye Firearms Assoc. Will they hoestly and accurately release to WCI any records to prove that all the donations received plus what they promise to match can be verified. If Nik Clark could chime in and give me reassurance, I will put my faith in that and donate.
    I am not Nik, however, he is the one who set this up.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1362693

  7. #7
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    How do I know this is ligite? I did not have time to research Buckeye Firearms Assoc. Will they hoestly and accurately release to WCI any records to prove that all the donations received plus what they promise to match can be verified. If Nik Clark could chime in and give me reassurance, I will put my faith in that and donate.
    Yes, its legit. I was going to start the post about it but Paul beat me to it.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  8. #8
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Yes, its legit. I was going to start the post about it but Paul beat me to it.
    Sorry... I am unemployed so I get to spend a lot of time in front of my PC.

  9. #9
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Sorry... I am unemployed so I get to spend a lot of time in front of my PC.
    Not a problem. I cut you slack since you ARE one of the Madison 5. I know you are eager to do what you can.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Monroeville, Pa., ,
    Posts
    73

    Legal fees

    Pa. OC resident here. Sent a donation via Paypal this morning. I hope that Chief gets nailed in his budget!

  11. #11
    Regular Member IcrewUH60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Verona, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by iownagn-gs View Post
    Pa. OC resident here. Sent a donation via Paypal this morning. I hope that Chief gets nailed in his budget!
    Nice!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    542
    Great Job guys.

    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450

    UPDATE: Our supporters have once again shattered all of our expectations. The $2,500 dollar matching fund was exhausted in just a few hours. We have already written a check for $7,500 to help the victims fight this police harassment. If you wish to donate to Buckeye Firearms Foundation's general fund for future cases please visit: BuckeyeFirearmsFoundation.org

    Not that I don't want to donate to the Buckeye Firearms Foundation, but I assume if I want to donate directly to the Madison 5 legal fund I should do it directly to Wisconsin Carry now?

  13. #13
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    Great Job guys.

    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450




    Not that I don't want to donate to the Buckeye Firearms Foundation, but I assume if I want to donate directly to the Madison 5 legal fund I should do it directly to Wisconsin Carry now?
    If you donate through Buckeye and reference Madison 5, it will get to WCI, but since there mathing fund offer is exhausted, it doesn't matter which, so I would donate directly to WCI.

  14. #14
    Regular Member IcrewUH60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Verona, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    If you donate through Buckeye and reference Madison 5, it will get to WCI, but since there mathing fund offer is exhausted, it doesn't matter which, so I would donate directly to WCI.
    except that Buckeye donations are tax deductible .

    from http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450 "Every donation received will be 100% donated by Buckeye Firearms Foundation to Wisconsin Carry Inc., so that donors get the tax deduction to fund this worthy cause. Between the tax deduction and our matching contribution, you will never get more "bang for your buck" in supporting gun rights."
    Last edited by IcrewUH60; 09-29-2010 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added citing

  15. #15
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    except that Buckeye donations are tax deductible .

    from http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450 "Every donation received will be 100% donated by Buckeye Firearms Foundation to Wisconsin Carry Inc., so that donors get the tax deduction to fund this worthy cause. Between the tax deduction and our matching contribution, you will never get more "bang for your buck" in supporting gun rights."
    True,

    This is a question for Nik, their posting says something to the effect that when WCI wins, WCI will reimburse BFA. Is that only the $2500 matching or all money donated through BFA?

  16. #16
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    True,

    This is a question for Nik, their posting says something to the effect that when WCI wins, WCI will reimburse BFA. Is that only the $2500 matching or all money donated through BFA?
    Received an answer offline from a gentleman who is over at BFA:

    We have no intention of donations from individuals coming back to us. Our hope is that WCI is amazingly successful, gets the injunction, once you all get your criminal cases dismissed, you get your 1983 civil rights violations awarded, and if attorney fees are awarded, we somehow get the $2,500 from Ft. St. Clair rolled back into future lawsuits in similar situations. We want the “deceased” gun club to have a lasting legacy.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Monroeville, Pa., ,
    Posts
    73

    Lawsuit, Madison

    Good news, Buckeye has initiated a lawsuit against the Chief of Police. Funds raised so far; $ 7500.00.

    Great work people.

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by iownagn-gs View Post
    Good news, Buckeye has initiated a lawsuit against the Chief of Police. Funds raised so far; $ 7500.00.

    Great work people.
    Just to correct, Buckeye has donated funds to support the cost of the lawsuit, but they are NOT a plaintiff. The lawsuit was filed by Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •