• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buckey Firearms Association is offering matching funds to WCI

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
$$ sent. Should also note that a donation is tax deductible. Organizations like this are needed to counter the billion dollar political interventions against constitutional rights that groups like the Joyce Foundation and elitists like Bloomberg can muster.

BROKENSPROKET

Too Good to be True

We all know the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

I am NOT saying that it is, but I almost donated and that saying poped into my head. There are a lot of scams out there. How do I know this is ligite? I did not have time to research Buckeye Firearms Assoc. Will they hoestly and accurately release to WCI any records to prove that all the donations received plus what they promise to match can be verified. If Nik Clark could chime in and give me reassurance, I will put my faith in that and donate.

paul@paul-fisher.com

We all know the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

I am NOT saying that it is, but I almost donated and that saying poped into my head. There are a lot of scams out there. How do I know this is ligite? I did not have time to research Buckeye Firearms Assoc. Will they hoestly and accurately release to WCI any records to prove that all the donations received plus what they promise to match can be verified. If Nik Clark could chime in and give me reassurance, I will put my faith in that and donate.

I am not Nik, however, he is the one who set this up.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rs-incident)&p=1362693&viewfull=1#post1362693

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
How do I know this is ligite? I did not have time to research Buckeye Firearms Assoc. Will they hoestly and accurately release to WCI any records to prove that all the donations received plus what they promise to match can be verified. If Nik Clark could chime in and give me reassurance, I will put my faith in that and donate.

Yes, its legit. I was going to start the post about it but Paul beat me to it.

Jason in WI

Great Job guys.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450

UPDATE: Our supporters have once again shattered all of our expectations. The $2,500 dollar matching fund was exhausted in just a few hours. We have already written a check for $7,500 to help the victims fight this police harassment. If you wish to donate to Buckeye Firearms Foundation's general fund for future cases please visit: BuckeyeFirearmsFoundation.org

Not that I don't want to donate to the Buckeye Firearms Foundation, but I assume if I want to donate directly to the Madison 5 legal fund I should do it directly to Wisconsin Carry now?

BROKENSPROKET

Great Job guys.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450

Not that I don't want to donate to the Buckeye Firearms Foundation, but I assume if I want to donate directly to the Madison 5 legal fund I should do it directly to Wisconsin Carry now?

If you donate through Buckeye and reference Madison 5, it will get to WCI, but since there mathing fund offer is exhausted, it doesn't matter which, so I would donate directly to WCI.

IcrewUH60

If you donate through Buckeye and reference Madison 5, it will get to WCI, but since there mathing fund offer is exhausted, it doesn't matter which, so I would donate directly to WCI.

except that Buckeye donations are tax deductible :D.

from http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450 "Every donation received will be 100% donated by Buckeye Firearms Foundation to Wisconsin Carry Inc., so that donors get the tax deduction to fund this worthy cause. Between the tax deduction and our matching contribution, you will never get more "bang for your buck" in supporting gun rights."

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

except that Buckeye donations are tax deductible :D.

from http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450 "Every donation received will be 100% donated by Buckeye Firearms Foundation to Wisconsin Carry Inc., so that donors get the tax deduction to fund this worthy cause. Between the tax deduction and our matching contribution, you will never get more "bang for your buck" in supporting gun rights."

True,

This is a question for Nik, their posting says something to the effect that when WCI wins, WCI will reimburse BFA. Is that only the $2500 matching or all money donated through BFA?

paul@paul-fisher.com

True,

This is a question for Nik, their posting says something to the effect that when WCI wins, WCI will reimburse BFA. Is that only the $2500 matching or all money donated through BFA?

Received an answer offline from a gentleman who is over at BFA:

We have no intention of donations from individuals coming back to us. Our hope is that WCI is amazingly successful, gets the injunction, once you all get your criminal cases dismissed, you get your 1983 civil rights violations awarded, and if attorney fees are awarded, we somehow get the $2,500 from Ft. St. Clair rolled back into future lawsuits in similar situations. We want the “deceased” gun club to have a lasting legacy.