Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet in Moses Lake

Meet in Moses Lake

As this year's weather is getting nasty for a meet, I'd like to challenge the OCers in Moses Lake for a state wide meet this coming spring. A spring opener, so to speak. There is a nice state park and a city park. The city park has a covered area that can be reserved. ML is probably the most ceneral location in the state so most would have an equal distance to travel. What say you, MOSES LAKE ?

I'm in....

Either Moses Lake or the Tri Cities Area.... both are central and easy to get to.
    Live Free or Die!

convoy to Moses Lake. I'm in!

I WILL see you there!

p.s. This is a pretty good idea for a crazy old man.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

My girlfriend were trying to plan a trip out there to check out the area. Sounds like a good time to go. I'll be done with my college classes in March and will be ready for a break.

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    i would go.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

I'm game too, long as my schedule cooperates.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by SnarlyWino View Post
    I WILL see you there!

p.s. This is a pretty good idea for a crazy old man.
    HEY HEY HEY Squeak is not crazy, he's insane. Either way I'm in. lets set a date and start promoting it.

WHOA there big fella! I want the ML people to get this going. It's their turf. If there is no response, then we'll do something. Hey! Who keeps moving my dancing bananana?

Meet in Moses Lake

Hello every one. I have been lurking for some time but just today registered. I am from Moses Lake and thought I better say something on this thread.
    I can't say I OC very often but I think protecting that right is very important.
    We have a number of parks around town that would be well suited and not used much except in the summer months.
    The area is rural enough that we cannot rely on police protection when some houses are 15 min driving time. Also recent Gang problems has brought security issues to the minds of people around the area.

WELCOME!! Let's keep in touch so we can get this going! I was thinking of Macosh (sp) park near the school. Been there many times. Just keep OCing.

Day and time?

Joe~

McCosh park would be good and have some foot traffic but I would suggest the Civic Center Park. It is located right near a main intersection and is the location of more political type events. It is where the Tea Party is holding their local events. I don't know if there are many tables there though but for exposure it would be my choice. It is also located right next to city hall and the police station.

Google Map

Wow Squeak had an Idea.....scary! Convoy again ..cool.

I looked real fast to see if there were any city codes on firearms and found a couple. Click to open the document in the city's website if you want.

Firearms - Exemption: Pursuant to RCW 9.41.050(6) the City of Moses Lake is exempt from the prohibition of RCW 9.41.050(4).

What does that mean?

Parks - 12.36.090 Dangerous Equipment and Activities: No person shall use or engage in any activity that creates an unreasonable interference or danger to other persons. Such activities include the use of archery equipment, discuses, javelins, shot-puts, aircraft, rockets, missiles, firearms, and all activities that the City Manager declares unreasonable.

That sounds like no target practice at the event and Open Carry is allowed but just to be safe I could have my girlfriend carry a discuses and if they don't cite her carrying the discuses they shouldn't cite me for carrying a firearm.

Is that where the farmers' market is held? That would be a great location! Forgot about that one. Yeah, in the PD back yard!

Yes, that is where the farmers market is held.

Moses Meet!!!

Hey all,

I and my family will be there. Again, had a great time at Van. BBQ.

And Squeak...I will need to see your ID! Because from what I have been reading, it might not be you...you had an "idea"...lol. It was great to meet the head of security.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Hey all,

I and my family will be there. Again, had a great time at Van. BBQ.

And Squeak...I will need to see your ID! Because from what I have been reading, it might not be you...you had an "idea"...lol. It was great to meet the head of security.

I know who you are!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Will the real Squeak please stand up?

This is a great idea. Have it on a Saturday and I'm in!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

How about it fellas? A meet right after the 2A bash in Olympia? Early May?

That would be a great follow up to the 2A rally. I guess we will have to go to the parks there and get it squared away.Squeak will be hosting a Prime rib dinner in his RV for all.
    Last edited by DEROS72; 01-23-2011 at 11:50 PM.

That should work for myself and my girlfriend. May would be a good time, hopefully I'll be settled into a new job for a few months by then, and have some time to get away.

BTW, for people waiting for an update to the incident at my college (CPTC), don't worry, nothing has changed, and I haven't received any negative news about campus policy. They understand that it is legal per Washington State law.

Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    That would be a great follow up to the 2A rally. I guess we will have to go to the parks there and get it squared away.Squeak will be hosting a Prime rib dinner in his RV for all.
    Did somebody say prime rib? I'm in! Hopefully I'll have the time and money to make it.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Did somebody say prime rib? I'm in! Hopefully I'll have the time and money to make it.
    In that part of the State a piece of prime rib might wander through your campsite, horns, tail, and all.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast