• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet in Moses Lake

Squeak

As this year's weather is getting nasty for a meet, I'd like to challenge the OCers in Moses Lake for a state wide meet this coming spring. A spring opener, so to speak. There is a nice state park and a city park. The city park has a covered area that can be reserved. ML is probably the most ceneral location in the state so most would have an equal distance to travel. What say you, MOSES LAKE ?:banana::banana:

Squeak

WHOA there big fella! I want the ML people to get this going. It's their turf. If there is no response, then we'll do something. :banana: Hey! Who keeps moving my dancing bananana?

chach161

Hello every one. I have been lurking for some time but just today registered. I am from Moses Lake and thought I better say something on this thread.
I can't say I OC very often but I think protecting that right is very important.
We have a number of parks around town that would be well suited and not used much except in the summer months.
The area is rural enough that we cannot rely on police protection when some houses are 15 min driving time. Also recent Gang problems has brought security issues to the minds of people around the area.

Squeak

WELCOME!! Let's keep in touch so we can get this going! I was thinking of Macosh (sp) park near the school. Been there many times. Just keep OCing.:banana:

chach161

McCosh park would be good and have some foot traffic but I would suggest the Civic Center Park. It is located right near a main intersection and is the location of more political type events. It is where the Tea Party is holding their local events. I don't know if there are many tables there though but for exposure it would be my choice. It is also located right next to city hall and the police station.

Google Map

chach161

I looked real fast to see if there were any city codes on firearms and found a couple. Click to open the document in the city's website if you want.

Firearms - Exemption: Pursuant to RCW 9.41.050(6) the City of Moses Lake is exempt from the prohibition of RCW 9.41.050(4).

What does that mean?

Parks - 12.36.090 Dangerous Equipment and Activities: No person shall use or engage in any activity that creates an unreasonable interference or danger to other persons. Such activities include the use of archery equipment, discuses, javelins, shot-puts, aircraft, rockets, missiles, firearms, and all activities that the City Manager declares unreasonable.

That sounds like no target practice at the event and Open Carry is allowed but just to be safe I could have my girlfriend carry a discuses and if they don't cite her carrying the discuses they shouldn't cite me for carrying a firearm.

Squeak

Is that where the farmers' market is held? That would be a great location! Forgot about that one. Yeah, in the PD back yard!:banana:

The Patriot

Moses Meet!!!

Hey all,

I and my family will be there. Again, had a great time at Van. BBQ.

And Squeak...I will need to see your ID! Because from what I have been reading, it might not be you...you had an "idea"...lol. It was great to meet the head of security.

Squeak

Hey all,

I and my family will be there. Again, had a great time at Van. BBQ.

And Squeak...I will need to see your ID! Because from what I have been reading, it might not be you...you had an "idea"...lol. It was great to meet the head of security.

I know who you are!:banana: