• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawrence Livermore Labs fails to incite panic at airport over OC

Dreamer

It's a good thing this LLL employee didn't have a flight to Asheville NC. They treat OCers a LOT differently at the Asheville Airport...

paramedic70002

So many points. So few fingers.

So were they LEOs or SOs? The cops seem to think they are LEOs but they are IDed as SOs.

Somebody thought they were in a movie? Egads Batman! :eek:

Based upon the Nazi-like demeanor of most airport cops I have dealt with, I'm surprised they weren't ticketed and towed.

Does he ride the plane looking for terrorists? You wish!

Almost the whole thing was handled by volunteers. What kind of International Airport are they running here?

Someone thought they were going to shoot someone coming off the plane. Yeah, that's how it happens all the time. You just wait til they're done before calling 911.

Ninjas don't carry assault rifles and sirearms unless I missed the last meeting, especially the benign ones. And they are invisible. Except for Chris Farley of course.

Six pieces of luggage? They were there to secure what was in the luggage. That must have cost a fortune.

So what exactly do they do over at LLNL?

Our Mission. As a premier national security laboratory, our mission is to advance and apply science and technology to:

Ensure the safety, security, and reliability of the U.S. nuclear deterrent
Reduce or counter threats to national and global security
Enhance the energy and environmental security of the nation
Strengthen the nation’s economic competitiveness
At LLNL, teams of physicists, chemists, biologists, engineers and other researchers work together to achieve technical innovations and scientific breakthroughs and transform these advances into solutions to nationally important problems.

We continually push the frontiers of knowledge to build the scientific and technological foundation that will be needed to address the national security issues of the future.

This little tidbit is at the bottom of the site:

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Avenue • Livermore, CA 94550 Operated by Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC, for the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration

The good news, I guess, is they don't have any SO positions open so those guys must not have gotten in too much trouble for going in commando. I'm guessing this was the first time. Probably the last.

This was near San Fran. I'm surprised the SWAT Team didn't get an automatic response due to hundreds of panicked callers. I see they have plenty of room to put in a helo deck. That would be convenient.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA

Last edited:

Kirbinator

Yeah... but LLNL was just privatized, so answer me again... were these armed men federal LEOs or hired guns? Why were they permitted to walk around the airport when you or I would be immediately proned? Just because they showed up in black jumpsuits? Or because they had AR-15s? What kind of ubermensch have we created here? How are they fundamentally better than you or I because they have a badge?

Daylen

Yeah... but LLNL was just privatized, so answer me again... were these armed men federal LEOs or hired guns? Why were they permitted to walk around the airport when you or I would be immediately proned? Just because they showed up in black jumpsuits? Or because they had AR-15s? What kind of ubermensch have we created here? How are they fundamentally better than you or I because they have a badge?

They are as privatized as the federal reserve. So not really except they get more rights and abilities than govt or private.