• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vacationing in CA part 2

jecsd1

Hey all,
I have since decided that a handgun is just too much trouble for a 2 week vacation in CA

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...it-worth-learning-the-codes-to-OC-for-2-weeks

I absolutely still need a firearm for traveling and hotels and what not. Which leads me to my question. Are the regulations on long arms any more doable? I want to bring the 12 gauge as a hotel/middle of nowhere defense tool and I may bring the remington 700 to do a bit of desert plinking with a buddy. Is it any easier/ are there different regs for long arms in CA??

Thanks again!

coolusername2007

The 12 gauge and the Remi shouldn't be any problem. Most of the really nasty gun laws relate to "concealable" guns. In CA law, a long gun is not concealable so its excluded from most (if not all) of the draconian handgun laws we have.

jecsd1

Good to know. I think I will leave the pistol at the family's house while in CA and just take the shotty if we stay overnight somewhere. Thanks again