• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats a good Voice recorder/video recorder?

jasonman17

Hey everyone. I'm still new to OC but I want something other than my cell phone for recorder and video. Anyone have any goods voice recorders or video recorders that they may have and used and recommend? Not looking to spend to much. Thanks.

Mr H

fozzy71

This is what I use - http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1459

I got a few sets of rechargeable batteries and it records any time I leave the house. It usually rides in my cargo pocket or 5th pocket.

GEDC0002-r.jpg

HolyOrangeJuice

Try the Epic Trail Cam.

I received one of these as a graduation present. I currently have been using mine to mount onto my helmet at ww2 re-enactments for 1st person coverage and also at paintball games. However, now that i'm going to start OCing i think this will be perfect for my needs. It has great audio and video and can support up to a 4GB SD disk. Only downfall is that it is an outdoor camera only and needs plenty of light. So indoor locations are usually dark and fuzzy even with lights on. I saw mine in the store and it was $150. runs on 2aaa batteries and comes with easy hook-up for a pc or laptop.

jasonman17

Mr H

Looks nice but cost to much for what I'm looking for. Just wish my phone could lock and keep playing and recording but it wont lock with out shutting of the video.

I took a look today out on buy.com, and they have a whole range of inexpensive units.

Problem is, I only found 1 unit that does audio independently of video, with decent video quality, in a layout that looked usable.

http://www.buy.com/prod/svp-t-100-h...o-camcorder-16mp-max/q/loc/111/211410319.html

Another that caught my eye does them independently, but you sacrifice video quality for portability.

http://ucorder.com/

fozzy71

So yours is running all the time as soon as you leave your house its always recording? how long do the battery last and does it have a lock on it so if you bump button it will still record?

Yes it has a lock/hold button and a soft case/pouch. I think I get 30 - 40 hours of battery time per pair of AAA batteries. Once the battery indicator stops dropping I make sure I grab a spare set of batteries when going out or just let it run over night to kill them fully.

Last edited:

jasonman17

RCA VR5220 Walmart $35.00

Got a RCA recorder with a lock on it for $35.00 at walmart. Works vary well in my little pocket next to my big pocket. I would put a picture but I can't get it to load on here.

cmavity3

Im a paranormal investigator so I always have a voice recorder on hand. The one I use is an Sony. one thing to be VERY careful about is clothing rubbing against it. I went to a client interview and had a recorder in my shirt pocket and all i heard back was what sounded like a hurricane.