Thread: Positive experiences open carrying in Colorado

Founder's Club Member

Positive experiences open carrying in Colorado

Hi everyone. I had a great trip to Durango. I even open carried in a saloon (Diamond Bell) on Main street in Downtown and had a couple drinks. I only had positive reactions or questions about the caliber and make of the weapon. The hotel was OK with it, the shops and restaurants (including fine dining at Doubletree) was fine with it, I had fun there. Passed through Pagosa Springs and had the same positive experience. Since, a lot of the posts were not so positive, I decided to post my good experience here.

Glad to hear it. Away from Denver/Boulder, CO is gun country. Even most of the cops understand this. Some, like the Springs Police and El Paso County Sheriff, are strongly pro-2A and understand what the Bill of Rights is about. We have, for the most part, great cops in CO. The few that aren't don't stay around long. I'm not talking about Denver. That isn't part of Colorado.

I'm hoping those couple drinks you had were non-alcoholic. It's never a good idea to carry and consume alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    The hotel was OK with it, the shops and restaurants (including fine dining at Doubletree) was fine with it, I had fun there.
    Can you give more details on the fine dining? I.e. dress code, average entree price, selection, style. Related to OC, I promise. A steakhouse welcoming jeans and tshirts is a little different than a $50/plate French foo-foo fusion requiring a sport coat. I tend to CC when I take my better half out and dress to facilitate that.

Quote Originally Posted by tpain View Post
    I'm hoping those couple drinks you had were non-alcoholic. It's never a good idea to carry and consume alcohol.
    ditto