• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive experiences open carrying in Colorado

Count

Founder's Club Member
Hi everyone. I had a great trip to Durango. I even open carried in a saloon (Diamond Bell) on Main street in Downtown and had a couple drinks. I only had positive reactions or questions about the caliber and make of the weapon. The hotel was OK with it, the shops and restaurants (including fine dining at Doubletree) was fine with it, I had fun there. Passed through Pagosa Springs and had the same positive experience. Since, a lot of the posts were not so positive, I decided to post my good experience here.

Gunslinger

Glad to hear it. Away from Denver/Boulder, CO is gun country. Even most of the cops understand this. Some, like the Springs Police and El Paso County Sheriff, are strongly pro-2A and understand what the Bill of Rights is about. We have, for the most part, great cops in CO. The few that aren't don't stay around long. I'm not talking about Denver. That isn't part of Colorado.

mahkagari

The hotel was OK with it, the shops and restaurants (including fine dining at Doubletree) was fine with it, I had fun there.

Can you give more details on the fine dining? I.e. dress code, average entree price, selection, style. Related to OC, I promise. A steakhouse welcoming jeans and tshirts is a little different than a $50/plate French foo-foo fusion requiring a sport coat. I tend to CC when I take my better half out and dress to facilitate that.