Thread: new to forum

new to forum

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and the OC group. Any and all info,tips or comments that any of you might have for me will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Castafly

Quote Originally Posted by castafly View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and the OC group. Any and all info,tips or comments that any of you might have for me will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Castafly
    Welcome! Always like to see new faces join the cause.

Thanks in advance
    Castafly
    allright! a new opencarry member. welcome.

xd-over

Accomplished Advocate
    Thanks in advance
    Castafly
    You emailed me, right??

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    You emailed me, right??
    yes, that was me.

Accomplished Advocate
    yes, that was me.
    Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome.

Welcome to the forums.
    It is always good to see new people sign up and introduce themselves.

The more the merrier.

Thumbs up also new

New here to the forum myself. Glad to find a place like this exists to help educate and inform concerned citizens. I've been carrying and using firearms recreationally since the mid 70's without a problem, but never actually carried openly into a store or resturant, or other public place. Currently waiting on approval of a cc permit as I let my old one expire (dumb). Am I correct in believing we have some scouters here? Thats how I found out about the site.Keep up the good work, and hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle II View Post
    New here to the forum myself. Glad to find a place like this exists to help educate and inform concerned citizens. I've been carrying and using firearms recreationally since the mid 70's without a problem, but never actually carried openly into a store or resturant, or other public place. Currently waiting on approval of a cc permit as I let my old one expire (dumb). Am I correct in believing we have some scouters here? Thats how I found out about the site.Keep up the good work, and hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.
    Eagle Scout from 2003 from troop 399 in Lyman here. What troop/year were you?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    New here to the forum myself. ...snip..... Am I correct in believing we have some scouters here? Thats how I found out about the site.Keep up the good work, and hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.
    Translation please - what is a "scouter"?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    judging by his name EagleII scouter would mean an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    judging by his name EagleII scouter would mean an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America.
    right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xd-over

scouter

Correct answer! I earned eagle in 1977, troop 304 in Kennebunk. I'm an assistant scoutmaster with 327 in sanford now. Will I see you at the camporee in Windsor this coming weekend?

Correct answer! I earned eagle in 1977, troop 304 in Kennebunk. I'm an assistant scoutmaster with 327 in sanford now. Will I see you at the camporee in Windsor this coming weekend?
    I won't be there, but I'm sure you know my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    Ah, the simple and logical conclusion.....and I was looking for something nefarious.

The highlight of my scouting experience from Cub - Scout - Explorer was being tapped for OA. The ceremony made a lasting impression on me.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Im New As Well!

Hello All! Im very VERY happy this group exists! Ive been looking for a way to uphold my right to carry, but the process for getting a CWP just seemed..too much. So far this site has been a huge help for being more knowledgeable about the Maine laws. Id like to attend events as much as I can. I don't feel im ready to Carry in public yet, out of being nervous. Id like to go to the events, be surrounded by others that are also Carrying, that way I feel more comfrotable with it. Just like the public needs to be.

So somethings about me, Im a fireman, I have had my hands on weapons from the age of 14. My family has a long history of service in the military, so I've been taught the right ways to handle a weapon. My father, a Vietnam Vet (2 Tours) My Grandfather (Korea) To more modern day, my brother. Who has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The way I see it, my own family, and others in this world have gone to war for my rights, and I think I should start respecting them more, and USE them.

Quote Originally Posted by WantsToCarry View Post
    Hello All! Im very VERY happy this group exists! Ive been looking for a way to uphold my right to carry, but the process for getting a CWP just seemed..too much. So far this site has been a huge help for being more knowledgeable about the Maine laws. Id like to attend events as much as I can. I don't feel im ready to Carry in public yet, out of being nervous. Id like to go to the events, be surrounded by others that are also Carrying, that way I feel more comfrotable with it. Just like the public needs to be.

So somethings about me, Im a fireman, I have had my hands on weapons from the age of 14. My family has a long history of service in the military, so I've been taught the right ways to handle a weapon. My father, a Vietnam Vet (2 Tours) My Grandfather (Korea) To more modern day, my brother. Who has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The way I see it, my own family, and others in this world have gone to war for my rights, and I think I should start respecting them more, and USE them.
    Welcome aboard - hope you stay, learn and contribute.

For immediate gratification follow this link:

http://maineopencarry.org/faq.html

Great group, well informed and actively working further your rights.

Welcome WantsToCarry. Nice to have you here.