• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like I am back to Full-Time OC now.

HeroHog

Due to my doctors being the V.A. and the Pakistan/East Indian Psychs refusal to sign off on the needed Doctors form for ANYONE and the fact that I am prescribed drugs prohibited, no matter the dose or reason, from getting my Louisiana CHP, I am forced to Open Carry now as my out of state permit is void due to LA's stance on certain (MANY) prescribed drugs. Disappointing but no big deal. I open carried years ago and will do it again. I modified my Concealed Carry bag to Open Carry as I ride a wheelchair and can't get to my pockets/side easily in the chair it is my best choice to carry as I am not fond of using a shoulder holster. Here is what I am using now and I already made my 1st Wal-Mart run with it yesterday. (Why is that ALWAYS the 1st place we OC?)

EDC-OC00.jpg

EDC-OC03.jpg

I guess I will be posting here more and more now...

Last edited:

usmcbess

keep up with the carry! If worse come to worse you'll just have to break the law and CC.

MODERATOR NOTE: We do not advocate breaking the law

HeroHog

When I hear "Concealed means Concealed" and the person is clearly advocating illegal concealed carry, I believe that hurts us all, CC and OC alike. We don't need, in MY opinion, to give anyone the idea that we will break the law if it doesn't go our way. That is a bad image to put forth and I won't do it. It makes me no better than the other criminals out there who steal and "conceal carry" with a "big FU to the man." I instead prefer to work within the system and get bad laws repealed/changed and good laws protected/enforced. Only when the system totally breaks down and abandons us would I consider such a thing.

Not picking on anyone and it's not a personal attack. Just letting ya know up front where I stand. If I can be of assistance in any 2A project/event up here in the Shreveport area, please let me know. I have a lot of free time these days!

TVstar.jpg

Me being interview after speaking before the General Assembly in Richmond with the VCDL.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Due to my doctors being the V.A. and the Pakistan/East Indian Psychs refusal to sign off on the needed Doctors form for ANYONE and the fact that I am prescribed drugs prohibited, no matter the dose or reason, from getting my Louisiana CHP, I am forced to Open Carry now as my out of state permit is void due to LA's stance on certain (MANY) prescribed drugs. Disappointing but no big deal. I open carried years ago and will do it again. I modified my Concealed Carry bag to Open Carry as I ride a wheelchair and can't get to my pockets/side easily in the chair it is my best choice to carry as I am not fond of using a shoulder holster. Here is what I am using now and I already made my 1st Wal-Mart run with it yesterday. (Why is that ALWAYS the 1st place we OC?)

EDC-OC00.jpg

EDC-OC03.jpg

I guess I will be posting here more and more now...

Serve your country; get sick; take meds; talk to someone who speaks Hindi; lose your rights. Yeah, that makes sense.

HeroHog

Serve your country; get sick; take meds; talk to someone who speaks Hindi; lose your rights. Yeah, that makes sense.
In all fairness, she had nothing to do with me losing any rights. Had I not already not been ineligible for CHP due to my Pain Management, the only time she would have effected my rights would have been at renewal time, THEN she surely would according to her and for no medical reason whatsoever.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That Olde Phart and I used to cause consternation together with the General Assembly and local governments when he resided in Virginia. He's so law-abiding that if he was run over by a freight truck he'd expend his dying breath blotting up blood & guts so as not to be charged with littering.

You folks down there sent us a good'un and ought to be happy he came back to y'all. Watch out for him - he has moves you'll never see.

stay safe.

HeroHog

Thanks for the kind words skidmark. I do what I can. Right now I can sit on hold for an hour or so waiting to talk to the Martinsburg V.A. who has garnished my VA Disability check after I had done everything I was supposed from transferring to LA and filing and receiving a hardship waver! <Sigh>

HeroHog

We miss y'all as well. Nothing like the VCDL here. If there was I would be right there in the middle of it! I have been posting flyers/hand-outs at the local gun shows for L.O.C.A.L. and watching the forums (LOCAL, APS, OCDO, BayouShooter.com) and keeping up with what is going on in the area as best as I can.

Y'all take care and stay in touch, ya hear?

speedyswheels.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We miss y'all as well. Nothing like the VCDL here. If there was I would be right there in the middle of it! I have been posting flyers/hand-outs at the local gun shows for L.O.C.A.L. and watching the forums (LOCAL, APS, OCDO, BayouShooter.com) and keeping up with what is going on in the area as best as I can.

LOCAL is where VCDL was not so many years ago - started with just a handful of people with a common cause.

Think that LOCAL will grow and mature into a very effective, grass roots organization - good people there. You are in a position to offer a unique perspective.

HeroHog

LOCAL is where VCDL was not so many years ago - started with just a handful of people with a common cause.

Think that LOCAL will grow and mature into a very effective, grass roots organization - good people there. You are in a position to offer a unique perspective.
I'm in there and doing what I can. Not much up here on my end of the state which is surprising giving the number of hunters, shooters and gun owners in this area.