• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

boudler area OC dinner?

mahkagari

Interested, but prefer in town. I work in Boulder but live out East. I also prefer to support local businesses that support OC. Not dictating what you should organize, or saying I won't attend if you don't meet my preferences. :)

logan

Campaign Veteran
If it was this weekend, or next week, I'd probably go. It's closer to me than the Colorado Springs dinner. Right now I'm in Colorado alone, so I'm all for going to something like this. My fiancé will be joining me Oct 9, and after that our weekends will probably be spent exploring this great state. And she's not a big fan of OC... (altho that's the only way I can carry until I get my concealed permit)

mahkagari

IMNSHO, the question should be "What places AREN'T OC friendly?". You never know until you check 'em out. I posted tips for scouting for OC gatherings someplace. "Become the change you want to see". We want OC normalized, we need to act like it is and not assume everyone is looking for a fight. That there is just a good a chance that they will welcome a large table of good tippers in a struggling economy.

mahkagari

anyone have any ideas on good food then ? :D

Not Conor O'Neil's. ;)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?64771-OC-at-Conner-O-Neil-s-in-Boulder\

I think there's a new Mexican place that took over La Hacienda's space. I've been looking for a good DF taco place since Taco Loco closed. Efrain's is locally owned, not sure if they're OC friendly, but they're damned good. I'll see about checking one of them out next time I go out for lunch, but you might check them out.

I'd also be up for someplace in Longmont, but I think that's getting further from you, WJ.

In this thread are tips I posted for organizing OC dinners. Not that I'm an expert, just my experience.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?74425-How-about-a-little-quot-Roll-Call-quot

Last edited: