• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Criminal Code of Ethics

Seattleman

***Satire Alert***

Many people believe there is an unwritten Code of Ethics among criminals...

They say things like "Give them whatever they want, they won't hurt you if you cooperate."
They put up "Gun Free Zone" signs knowing that gang-bangers will stay away.
They kindly ask we remove all guns from society because they know it's the only way criminals will give up theirs.
They ask gun carriers to leave their place of business because you frighten and create unwanted duress onto other customers. As opposed to an actual 'bad' guy with a gun who is just down on his luck and won't harm anyone so long as everyone cooperates.

(Any more? Keep 'em coming.)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There is a significant difference between "criminals" and "members of the legislature".

The first group works for the money they steal; the second group does not.

The first group can only control a small number of people at a time, and usually only by actual force; the second group can control millions just by pretending to think.

The first group does none of the things you listed; the second group thinks those are all "reasonable" and merely a good start.

stay safe.

Seattleman

The first group says "Shut up if you know what's good for you."
The second group says "Shut up, I know what's best for you."

There are BIG similarities though. Both are self-serving and believe they are entitled to anything you own.

Last edited: