• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long Beach open carry ARREST

Gundude

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

Hey, thats a good signature.

Now, back to watching the lightening and thunder storm. (My cats hate thunder)

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
WOW!! Thanks to guys like this OC will soon be banned in Ca. Thank you for that little strike. He is taking it from the right to bear arms to a stand against the "man". With all the laws that go with OC how do they know he didn't just hear about it a week ago and decide to throw his pistol on his side and go for a stroll? How do they know he isn't a felon, or that he didn't steal the weapon? Granted he didnt have to but If he would have surrendered his id he would have been out of there with out any fuss. They are cops they will do stuff like that. He might have taught the cops something they didn't know, helping out next time they come across another citizen while OC they would know whats going on. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. I hope everybody has plenty of training with weapons in stressful or any situation but as we see here they don't. With the officer that walked up I highly doubt he said "got him again" and they did send somebody to the fight at the car show. People pay attn and don't fight it. If I get stopped I will give the officer any info he wants and I wont be combative. They don't need that crap.

Seth1981 you are 100% able to give up any claim to any/all rights that you have guaranteed to you by the Constitutions of the United States and the State of California. Also, in my viewing of the video (all 3 parts) no where in any way was the arrestee disrespectful or combative.

Standing up for one's rights is not combative or disrespectful. The officers may be frustrated by this but in no way is availing oneself of ones rights a criminal act.

As for the training question---- I would recommend training and practice BUT No where in the US 2nd Amendment of the Constitution does it REQUIRE ANY TRAINING. To suggest that one have training before they are to be allowed to carry ANY weapon turns a RIGHT into a PRIVILEGE which would be an INFRINGEMENT upon the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!

AND HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER TO GIVE UP THE RIGHTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON?

Curmudgeon

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good, in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. ~John Stuart Mill

Last edited:

JJg22

Wow side track.

Gents, you all impress me greatly with your knowledge and fruitful quotes. But, Seth is obviously a gentleman that has no good intent on these forums and rather spend his time arguing. Let us not waste any more time proving to him things we know are right and that we will not let others push us around and tell us what rights we have. Sometimes we get a worm in the apple.

Since I am new, I have been watching a lot of videos of OCers and news footage to see what to expect and so forth. When I saw this I couldn't believe my ears..."you are under arrest for 12031 - for not willing to show ID" WOW, and 2 other cops just watched and a few more showed up to check it out. Sad sad day...I would have been talking to the Chief pretty darn quickly....

coolusername2007

You would rather have a felon carry a gun without worry because he shouldnt be checked and rationalize it with "well its the law" then realize the fact that a convict is carrying a weapon where you and your family reside.

No, you have it all wrong. Nobody wants a violent felon walking around with a gun. But the reality is they already are carrying concealed weapons and you aren't. So when they do decide to cause mayhem you won't be able to do anything about.

And the law has nothing to do with it. We are talking about unalienable rights granted to you by your Creator, not the government. Which means the government cannot go around asking you for your papers, interrogating you, detaining you, arresting you, or whatever just because they don't like your style of accessorizing. You won't find any police state sympathizers here.

And yes, I have seen the news about the thousands of people the politicians are releasing from state prisons which is exactly why I choose to protect my family and myself and not become a victim. That is my RIGHT and you don't have the power to stop me or anybody else.

coolusername2007

Hey, thats a good signature.

Now, back to watching the lightening and thunder storm. (My cats hate thunder)

If you like that one, try this one on for size...I think you will find it fitting to this thread and with how our rights have been violated for so long without demands of restitution from the people.

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." --Thomas Paine (Common Sense)

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Ryan's account of things...

Ryan and I sat down to go over the audio from his 4th of July detainment and we discuss his July 11th harassment by some of the same officers.

Check out Episode #020 of Open Carry Radio. ;)

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
lol thats fine by me. They can stop me if they feel the need. Then after they get the info they need to realize im not a felon ill be on my way.
how many other places and circumstances would you feel comfortable being stopped while just following the law, so that they can check you out? how about unannounced searches of your car or home?

I havnt been here long but I am already at the point that I dont think half of you need to be OC'ing anyway. Infact I dont think you need to own guns weather its your right or not.
so simply because we don't agree with your opinion on being violated and searched 24/7, you think that we should be disallowed from defending ourselves?

You would rather have a felon carry a gun without worry because he shouldnt be checked and rationalize it with "well its the law" then realize the fact that a convict is carrying a weapon where you and your family reside.
there's a funny thing about the way this nation was founded. The framers believed that it was much better for freedom and liberty to have 99 guilty men go free than it was to have a single innocent person wrongly convicted.

Ill be sure to help in any way to get OC banned so people need to be certified and I can feel safe knowing that it isnt somebody that is gonna cry because there rights were violated. Have you seen the news? Have you noticed the kind of people in this world today? Somebody will walk up and shoot somebody in the face for no reason im sure there is a few loons out there with a pistol on there hip.
thank you for representing to us that you're more concerned with 'feeling safer' than you are with the law. In case you haven't noticed within that news, people get shot in the face all the time because there are already loons out there. why would you prefer to punish us than them?

ryanburbridge

WOW!! Thanks to guys like this OC will soon be banned in Ca. Thank you for that little strike. He is taking it from the right to bear arms to a stand against the "man". With all the laws that go with OC how do they know he didn't just hear about it a week ago and decide to throw his pistol on his side and go for a stroll? How do they know he isn't a felon, or that he didn't steal the weapon? Granted he didnt have to but If he would have surrendered his id he would have been out of there with out any fuss. They are cops they will do stuff like that. He might have taught the cops something they didn't know, helping out next time they come across another citizen while OC they would know whats going on. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. I hope everybody has plenty of training with weapons in stressful or any situation but as we see here they don't. With the officer that walked up I highly doubt he said "got him again" and they did send somebody to the fight at the car show. People pay attn and don't fight it. If I get stopped I will give the officer any info he wants and I wont be combative. They don't need that crap.

Hi there.

Not sure if you know all of the FACTS. I have tried over and over to explain. Me not giving my I'D was not the reason the LEO kept me so long. I was IDed by another LEO within two minutes of the stop. They knew who I was from a different encounter.

To say you will give up ANY info a LEO asks not only makes NO sense but it may get you into trouble. I may be ignorant but somthing like the 5th amendment sounds familiar.

Here is more info for those who care.

http://www.opencarryradio.com/

Carry on. Stay safe.

EDIT

I posted this before I read the entire thread. Thank you guys for explaining to Seth.
I think it would work but he seems not to care.

Last edited:

Gundude

I posted this before I read the entire thread. Thank you guys for explaining to Seth. I think it would work but he seems not to care.[/QUOTE said:
Trolls don't listen to explainations.

Last edited:

Seth1981

You guys do make alot of good points. Im not trying to start an argument here its just my opinion. If you dont like it im fine with that. I dont like some of yours. My standing is the right to bear arms came about huindreds of years ago when the world was a very different place. Everything changes with the times I think these need to also. Not completly just a little revision. I hate the gun laws in Ca. We cant own an Ar-15 because its "scary" gun? Seriously?!? I had to sell alot of my guns to family members out of state so I didnt have to surrender them. I think the way they are going about it are very wrong. Granted I jumped the gun and im not the only one. I should have kept my mouth shut unless I was there and saw and heard everything that happened but again I felt the urge to post my opinion thats what forums are for. Theres no rule saying we have to agree. Life wouldnt be much fun if everybody agreed.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
I have fought to defend the freedom and rights of myself as well as everybody in the U.S. I can guarantee you im not gutless.

O rly? Who exactly did you fight to advance or maintain our rights?

... I'll be waiting for an answer that does not include Iraq or Afghanistan.

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
My standing is the right to bear arms came about huindreds of years ago when the world was a very different place. Everything changes with the times I think these need to also. Not completly just a little revision. I hate the gun laws in Ca. We cant own an Ar-15 because its "scary" gun? Seriously?!? I had to sell alot of my guns to family members out of state so I didnt have to surrender them. I think the way they are going about it are very wrong.

<sarcasm>AR-15s are scary though and are entirely unneeded in today's society. I know the second amendment says people have an inalienable right to bear arms, but that is an antiquated idea from a very different time. These days we don't need to have guns because we have the police and we can trust that our government will always protect us.</sarcasm>

Inalienable means cannot be taken away from somebody. The right to self-defense is a great example of an inalienable right because people tend to not like getting punched in the face.

The right to be secure from unreasonable search and seizure is also an inalienable right. Forming an imaginary entity (like say...San Francisco Police Department) and paying some random people some money and giving those people matching uniforms doesn't entitle those people to suddenly demand me to do anything for them. They can ask me my name and I can ignore them and continue on my way and they can go on their way and that is perfectly fine. The moment they seize my person they better be doing so for the common good. If I am seized and there isn't some reasonable understanding that I've committed a crime, then they are violating my inalienable right to be free from such a seizure.

How can you begin to argue that you are entitled to an AR-15 when you cannot stand behind one's right to be secure from unreasonable searches and seizures? Police aren't some mystical entity who can do no wrong. Police are people and have no additional rights or capabilities beyond what you or I are capable of. Our legal system has deemed that police should be protected by qualified immunity because their job would subject them to innumerable civil lawsuits. That makes sense. But they cannot seize you just like I cannot approach you in public and seize you without reasonable suspicion that you have or are about to commit a crime.

Never forget that police are only 150 years old. The world still worked prior to 1850. Some may argue that it worked even better.

Seth1981

O rly? Who exactly did you fight to advance or maintain our rights?

... I'll be waiting for an answer that does not include Iraq or Afghanistan.

Army Infantry is all you need to know. I dont mind internet squabbles but you my furry little friend I would like to have this conversation in person. Although I know its not going to happen so bla bla bla yak yak is that enough for you? Dont even try to fire on my service record unless you have served and at least taken fire once. Fobbit's do not count

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
Yes, I was a "fobbit". Never left the base, never heard a shot.

However, the question remains... Who exactly did you fight to defend, maintain or advance our rights?

I'm pretty sure the people that were shooting at you were no threat to our rights. If anyone was a threat to our rights, it was the politicians that sent us there.