Thread: need help converting my mother from anti

need help converting my mother from anti

I live with my mother and she is against me carrying at home to protect us when we are home. she says it has to be locked up when the gun is in the house. So how could i help convert her to being ok with carrying. she says it is because one of her friends was killed by an unloaded gun when she was younger. any help on this would be nice because at home seems to me like would be where you would most want the protection.
    HI-POINT .45

Her house, her rules. Abide by them or move out. Don't waste your time trying to convert her.

sounds like she has a phobia. That is not something that can usually be argued against and is very hard to get rid of.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Agree with her house, her rules.

That said, you could try to assure her that you are fully aware your gun is loaded, and that it is safer in the holster than it would be to pull it out to lock it up / unlock it to carry out. The fewer times you handle it, the less chance there is for a ND. But don't expect her to respond to rational arguments against her emotionally based beliefs.

You could try emotional arguments, but all the ones I can think of would probably damage your relationship. Better off just spending as much of your time together somewhere you can carry.

About the best you could do would be to collect news stories about home invasions & other crimes in your area, to show her that no one is always safe, even in their own home.....

Quote Originally Posted by luvnfords View Post
    I live with my mother and she is against me carrying at home to protect us when we are home. she says it has to be locked up when the gun is in the house. So how could i help convert her to being ok with carrying. she says it is because one of her friends was killed by an unloaded gun when she was younger. any help on this would be nice because at home seems to me like would be where you would most want the protection.
    Huh???
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Ask her to put the fire extinguisher in a locked box.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

armed citizens

Quote Originally Posted by luvnfords View Post
    Get some copies of combat handguns or go online and let her read the It happend to me coloms.The stories are about armed citizens faceing atackers .Most prevels without any shots fired