• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need help converting my mother from anti

luvnfords

I live with my mother and she is against me carrying at home to protect us when we are home. she says it has to be locked up when the gun is in the house. So how could i help convert her to being ok with carrying. she says it is because one of her friends was killed by an unloaded gun when she was younger. any help on this would be nice because at home seems to me like would be where you would most want the protection.

Daylen

sounds like she has a phobia. That is not something that can usually be argued against and is very hard to get rid of.

Brimstone Baritone

Agree with her house, her rules.

That said, you could try to assure her that you are fully aware your gun is loaded, and that it is safer in the holster than it would be to pull it out to lock it up / unlock it to carry out. The fewer times you handle it, the less chance there is for a ND. But don't expect her to respond to rational arguments against her emotionally based beliefs.

You could try emotional arguments, but all the ones I can think of would probably damage your relationship. Better off just spending as much of your time together somewhere you can carry. ;)

MarlboroLts5150

I live with my mother and she is against me carrying at home to protect us when we are home. she says it has to be locked up when the gun is in the house. So how could i help convert her to being ok with carrying. she says it is because one of her friends was killed by an unloaded gun when she was younger. any help on this would be nice because at home seems to me like would be where you would most want the protection.

Huh???

robbyw

armed citizens

Get some copies of combat handguns or go online and let her read the It happend to me coloms.The stories are about armed citizens faceing atackers .Most prevels without any shots fired