Thread: Open Carry @ Silver Bells -- Nov. 19

Lightbulb Open Carry @ Silver Bells -- Nov. 19

All,

Silver Bells, a parade/one night festival in Lansing will be held on Nov. 19 this year. During the festival the State Christmas tree will be lit in front of the State Capitol Building. Please consider joining MOC to ring in the season of peace by a peaceful public display of our firearms at our State's Capitol.

Details as to time and initial meeting place will be made available as the time gets closer. For more information: Silver Bells
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

sounds good, i can probably make it

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    This is a large event with lots of people, it's fun with lots of events.
    Last edited by Venator; 09-29-2010 at 08:53 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    This is a large event with lots of people, it's fun with lots of events.
    Thousands...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Me and a buddy are going to try and make it to this event.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    Me and a buddy are going to try and make it to this event.
    Would love to have you. As we get closer, more details will unfold. I'm going to be discussing ideas at regular MOC Teamspeak meetings.

I'm in for sure as long as its in the evening and don't have to work!!! sounds great!!
    Only you can save are rights....

Quote Originally Posted by jasonman17 View Post
    I'm in for sure as long as its in the evening and don't have to work!!! sounds great!!
    It's an evening affair. It's when the State's Christmas tree first gets lit for the year.

where EXACTLY are we meeting?

I vote right in front of the capitol behind the tree.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    where EXACTLY are we meeting?

I vote right in front of the capitol behind the tree.
    TBD. Once we get weekly MOC leadership TS hours I'll get on there and start planning with leadership.

I'll have to eye the schedule when this date gets closer. So count me as a maybe right now.

Radioman

Sounds like fun, I hope to make it.

Meet Up Location and Time

As lil_freak said before. We'll meet on November 19, 2010 between 5:45 and 5:50 PM between the big Christmas tree in front of the Capitol and the Statute that is immediately behind it (from the perspective of Michigan Avenue facing the Capitol).

For those of you who may not know where the State Capitol is, it is on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Capitol Avenue in Lansing.

This is the schedule of events for Silver Bells. As you may see, I have us meeting up prior to the "Electric Lights Parade".
    Last edited by TheQ; 11-17-2010 at 08:31 PM.

If all goes as planned my beautiful wife and I will be there tonight. I guess I'll carry in a drop leg since the weather will force us to wear coats.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

I will likely be late,but still fully intend to attend.i will phone TheQ later to inform him of my expected arrival time.

Greetings TheQ;

Great Idea & Great Plan, but sorry that I cant make the 1hr 1/2 drive to Lansing in a timely fashion.
    Non-Local Business hour events have always been a challedge for me, but you folks have a great time.

I shall try to make your next one.

Carry On
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

TheQ and family,Lapeer20 and family,me and my mother were there.
    good time,a little crowded and windy though.

were there any others that we couldnt find?