• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Front Sight

flagellum

So I'm going to be picking up a certificate for 4 Day Defensive Handgun at Front Sight. Anybody else been thinking about doing this? There is a fellow on NV shooter selling one more pass for like 85 bucks.(quite a steal) Just curious if anybody was looking into this and just needed a bit of a push (or a great deal)

Everything is better with a buddy. :D

VegasGeorge

I did that training. I'm glad I did it once, but I wouldn't do it again. I say that because I noticed that there were a whole lot of repeat takers in the group. It's almost entirely standing in a firing line shooting at fixed targets against a timer. Pretty repetitious. It was all about drawing your gun and firing two kill shots in less than two seconds. Sort of High Noon stuff. The advertising talks about "tactical" training but I was disappointed in that. All it amounted to was one pass through a shoot house, and one pass through an open door frame to illustrate coming through an opening. Not much "tactical" for four days of work. Have fun! As long as your expectations are realistic you should enjoy the experience.

Last edited:

gunrunner1911

JEEZE we do more movement and "tactical" stuff in my 10 hour course. Advance retreat, corners, barriers/cover, moving targets, and weapons handling techniques.
I wish I had the name then I could just make money instead of actually having to teach something. Maybe I should offer my 10 hr $1000 course for 80% off and people would jump in.

flagellum

Either way I got my Gray Cert for about 85 dollars, even if it isnt top of the line training it is still well worth the price.

I'm thinking of going early-mid november, if anyone wants to go as well.

Gunslinger

If I lived as close as you, I'd snap it up, too. All training has value. I took mine at Ayoob's Lethal Force Institute in NH. Very good.