• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to buy a audio recorder..

Tomas

For simple digital audio recorders I feel that both Sony and Olympus make quality units.

Sometimes you can find a recently discontinued model at a really fantastic price if you keep your eyes open.

For specific models I'll leave that to others.

(My cheap Sony will record something like 40 hours continuously at very good quality...)

ARADCOM

Recording

Any suggestions? Do most people here just use their iphones?

I use my iPhone. You can download a app called 'Qik' that streams the audio/video to a site on the internet. That way no matter what happens to your phone you still have the recording. It works very well and both the audio and video are great quality.

Sparky508

There is this porcupine gig, but I think it sends it to everyone and there little brother. Seems like an easy way to go though, just dial and then there it goes.

From there website:

"About PAC Crew 411
Porcupine 411 is a rapid message distribution network.

You can use Porcupine 411 to participate in our growing liberty movement. Some things which Porcupine 411 can be used for include:

Locations of speed traps and sobriety checkpoints
Reporting unusual or improper police activity (Copwatch)
Distress calls in case of roadside detention or imminent arrest
Upcoming social events, activities or almost anything else of immediate interest to liberty lovers
Here’s how it works:

To notify people of something, call 1-360-722-5411 and leave a message after the beep. Porcupine 411 will then distribute an audio file containing your message to everyone who is subscribed to the list.
To receive the audio notifications when someone leaves a message, subscribe to the mailing list using the form below.
In addition to email, you can receive messages via podcast or iTunes).

You can also subscribe most MMS-capable wireless phones and receive the messages directly on your phone whenever you are away from home! To do this, you’ll need to subscribe using your phone’s MMS email address, which may be different from its text email address. (To find out your phone’s MMS email address, email a picture to your home email from your phone, and use the email address it came from.) Keep in mind that your wireless provider may charge you for receipt of MMS messages."

mparramore

There is this porcupine gig, but I think it sends it to everyone and there little brother. Seems like an easy way to go though, just dial and then there it goes.

From there website:

"About PAC Crew 411
Porcupine 411 is a rapid message distribution network.

You can use Porcupine 411 to participate in our growing liberty movement. Some things which Porcupine 411 can be used for include:

Locations of speed traps and sobriety checkpoints
Reporting unusual or improper police activity (Copwatch)
Distress calls in case of roadside detention or imminent arrest
Upcoming social events, activities or almost anything else of immediate interest to liberty lovers
Here’s how it works:

To notify people of something, call 1-360-722-5411 and leave a message after the beep. Porcupine 411 will then distribute an audio file containing your message to everyone who is subscribed to the list.
To receive the audio notifications when someone leaves a message, subscribe to the mailing list using the form below.
In addition to email, you can receive messages via podcast or iTunes).

You can also subscribe most MMS-capable wireless phones and receive the messages directly on your phone whenever you are away from home! To do this, you’ll need to subscribe using your phone’s MMS email address, which may be different from its text email address. (To find out your phone’s MMS email address, email a picture to your home email from your phone, and use the email address it came from.) Keep in mind that your wireless provider may charge you for receipt of MMS messages."

I will research that 411 thing..Anybody here subscribe to it?

mparramore

Ahh gotcha.

Someone want to start one up here in washington?
www.wa.porcupine411.com
moz-screenshot-3.png

amlevin

I have a nice Sony digital that is still for sale. Includes the software, cable, manual.

Comes in handy for recording those pesky cops . . .

PM me if interested and I'll get you the details.

Does this one erase everything when it is shut off. The owner would just "think" he had the goods on the officer.

38f996a305aedb78214a8c727c9ab7b9f8f25261_full.jpg

Son_of_Perdition

I use the "Qik Video" app on my iphone. The app lets you stream to the web so say a cop can't delete his fine actions. He can smash the phone to crap and his handywork will be for the world to see on youtube :)

amzbrady

that is how I found ocdo also.

There was a hugey list of ridly reports on free staters (must say I dont agree with all they do, like wanting to drive without licenses), and there was only one OCDO vid. I saw a ridly report where they were doing a clean up and a cop approached and Ridley used his cell phone to record on the purcupine 411 thing. I thought it was a good concept. I like the Iphone thing better though that has recordings go right on the web.

Last edited: