• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Matt Beaty is afraid of you!

anmut

Apparently he would "high tail it out of a burger joint if he saw a gang of men with guns strapped to their hips." So in conclusion, Matt Beaty has less sense, logic and courage than the 62 year old woman who actually placed the 911 call. I'll bet his father is proud!

Full Story:
http://www.dailycardinal.com/opinion/open-carry-is-not-ok-1.1654040

Clip:
Imagine you are enjoying a butterburger when a group of men walk in with guns strapped to their hips. Are you going to just go back to your meal, or are you going to be worried about the gang's intentions? I'd high-tail myself out of there.

Last week, customers of a Culver's on Madison's east side were faced with this exact dilemma. A 62-year-old woman called the police because she was uncomfortable. When authorities showed up, they asked the men to provide identification to prove they were not felons. Two refused and they were later cited with disorderly conduct.

Matt Beaty is a sophomore majoring in mathematics and computer science. Please send all feedback to opinion@dailycardinal.com

protias

Last week, customers of a Culver's on Madison's east side were faced with this exact dilemma. A 62-year-old woman called the police because she was uncomfortable. When authorities showed up, they asked the men to provide identification to prove they were not felons. Two refused and they were later cited with disorderly conduct.

He must not have listened the 911 tape...

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Matt Beaty is a sophomore majoring in mathematics and computer science.

Sounds like he should stick to Math and Computer Science.

Typical liberal college student.

You know what they say...

If you are 20 and you aren't a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you are 30 and you aren't a conservative you don't have a brain.

BROKENSPROKET

suntzu

Apparently he would "high tail it out of a burger joint if he saw a gang of men with guns strapped to their hips." So in conclusion, Matt Beaty has less sense, logic and courage than the 62 year old woman who actually placed the 911 call. I'll bet his father is proud!

Full Story:
http://www.dailycardinal.com/opinion/open-carry-is-not-ok-1.1654040

Clip:
Imagine you are enjoying a butterburger when a group of men walk in with guns strapped to their hips. Are you going to just go back to your meal, or are you going to be worried about the gang's intentions? I'd high-tail myself out of there.

Matt Beaty is a sophomore majoring in mathematics and computer science. Please send all feedback to opinion@dailycardinal.com

Unfortunately they don't teach common sense or logical reasoning in colleges or universities. He could use a class in both but he would probably fail it.

Last edited:

suntzu

there are so many things wrong with that article that I don't even know where to begin--all I can do is just shake my head at the ignorance displayed by the liberal gun haters who are afraid of their own shadow.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

there are so many things wrong with that article that I don't even know where to begin--all I can do is just shake my head at the ignorance displayed by the liberal gun haters who are afraid of their own shadow.

+1000

I don't think there's 1 truth in there.

suntzu

+1000

I don't think there's 1 truth in there.

I agree--I would say the article is biased, shows a complete lacking of the subject at hand, and shows a complete and total disregard for all Constitutional freedoms as a whole.

According to Mr. Beaty--"just because you have the right does not mean you should exercise it"...Using his logic I wonder exactly which OTHER rights he is unwilling to exercise and consequently be willing to so easily part with? I wonder if he would so easily give up his Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures? I wonder if he would be willing to so easily part with his 8th Amendment right to be free from cruel and unusual punishments--I mean just because he has the right does not mean he should exercise it. Using that logic the police would be able to have a 100% success rate on case closures--I mean he might even be willing to allow the police to bring back the inquisition as a viable interrogation tactic. I wonder if he would be willing to give up his right to freedom of speech as guaranteed in the First Amendment--just because he has the right does not mean he should exercise it....he said so himself.

that man is an idiot--he could use a class in common sense but would probably fail it if he took one.

Just another example of how education does not necessarily mean you can actually reason logically.

As a final thought--I think that man likes to project his fears onto everyone else--he is afraid of what he might do if he openly carried--so he is projecting those same fears onto everyone else. Just a thought.

Last edited: