Thread: Jon Stewart attacked by Brady Campaign

Cool Jon Stewart attacked by Brady Campaign

As Jon Stewart continues to grow into his role as “America’s most trusted news anchor,” he appears to be becoming more libertarian in his views regarding the Second Amendment ...

See the video's in the my article (linked below) for an astonishing apology to Charlton Heston and his Oprah show claim that banning guns is not the solution to school shooting which prompted a freakout by Brady Campaign shill Paul Helmke.

Excerpt from my Gun Rights Examiner Column

Stewart is awesome... you have to respect a left-wing tv personality who is usually first to call out the left when they go off the deep end.

These days "middle of the road" is the new extreme

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    John Stewart is a moonbat, just because he doesn't totally support the far left on this ONE ISSUE, doesn't impress me. I'd bet any amount of money he'd ridicule the idea of people openly carrying w/o a license, or for that matter carrying concealed after paying thousands in fees, keeping a lawyer on retainer, a psyche eval every year and random police searches of your home.

Don't be fooled, Stewart is NOT on our side. He's just not on the far left fringe on this particular issue.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    John Stewart is a moonbat, just because he doesn't totally support the far left on this ONE ISSUE, doesn't impress me. I'd bet any amount of money he'd ridicule the idea of people openly carrying w/o a license, or for that matter carrying concealed after paying thousands in fees, keeping a lawyer on retainer, a psyche eval every year and random police searches of your home.

Don't be fooled, Stewart is NOT on our side. He's just not on the far left fringe on this particular issue.
    How dare you insult moonbats like this! The NAAMB and the MBCLU will hear about you!

um he already did.http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...discrimination

Campaign Veteran
    My enemy's enemy is my friend?

or

My enemy's enemy is my more different enemy?

My hunch (i.e. not based on a large body of facts or quotes) is that Stewart's positions regarding firearms are more restrictive than many here would be comfortable with. However, I would argue that he uses his large venue to advocate moderateness and civil discourse. This advocacy may not be readily apparent on the surface, but can be found in the space between the gags and seen in the range of topics covered and guests interviewed. Furthermore, Stewart ridicules (often, rightly ridicules) figures on both sides of the divide. He cannot be dismissed as another liberal puppet.
    Last edited by petrophase; 09-30-2010 at 12:00 AM.

I certainly don't agree with everything he says, but I tend to agree with petrophase on this one-he's not a puppet.

Yeah, it was quite funny to watch him mock the Brady Bunch. Or was that Colbert? I forget. lol
    Last edited by Jack House; 09-30-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Banned
    Stewart, civil. Good one!

John Stewart is a moonbat, just because he doesn't totally support the far left on this ONE ISSUE, doesn't impress me.
    Stewart is a TV personality. Like a politician, he either has no convictions, or simply has learned to put them aside for the sake of his audience. This isn't the 90s; everyone knows the Brady Campaign is a joke now. Stewart is just embracing the new mainstream. He just makes a much smoother transition than Chris Matthews.

You don't cheer a weather vane for pointing in the right direction.

Stewart is just trying desperately to get ANY audience. His ratings are in the tank and he's reaching out to anyone that just might listen to his drivel.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    How dare you insult moonbats like this! The NAAMB and the MBCLU will hear about you!
    How funny, eye. National Association for the Advancement of Moonbats and the Moonbat Civil Liberties Union! I love it!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    How funny, eye. National Association for the Advancement of Moonbats and the Moonbat Civil Liberties Union! I love it!
    Good job of acronym decoding. You are truly the ADOTY!

Jon Stewart, as far as the TV personality, is simply a character. It doesn't matter what Jon Stewart the man feels on the topic in regards to what the character says.

What I find more amazing about Jon apologizing about being wrong with respect to Heston on Oprah to thunderous applause was Oprah's flabberghasted look as she realized that one comment undermined much of her work helping the Brady Campaign.

Instead of jumping all over him like the left does with the right and the right does with the left, listen instead to the program itself, beginning with 8:15 into it (though from the beginning if you'd like).

His pitch for his Rally begins at 9:24.

Sadly, his apology to Charleton Heston used to be here, but was removed as a purported violation of Harpo productions.

Harpo is Oprah spelled backwards. If you want to slam anyone over any of these issues, slam Oprah for bending over backwards to censor Jon's ONE comment (his Heston apology) with which she found herself highly offended.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Game View Post
    Jon Stewart, as far as the TV personality, is simply a character. It doesn't matter what Jon Stewart the man feels on the topic in regards to what the character says.
    The point I think the OP was trying to make is that perhaps both Jon as well as his character are beginning to be as sick as I and many others are with respect to "left this" and "right that" instead of intelligent people sitting down to discuss what's right, wrong, and best for our society, and that perhaps his views are becoming more Libertarian in the process of his taking a more sane, rational approach to all this. Even in the Part 1, he admits to having guns, to which Oprah showed a subtle, but detectable surprise.
    Last edited by since9; 10-13-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Hopefully Oprah being off the air soon will be a loss to the Bradys.

The Brady Campaign would attack a kid on a tricycle if he so much as pointed his finger at another kid and cocked his thumb.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The Brady Campaign would attack a kid on a tricycle if he so much as pointed his finger at another kid and cocked his thumb.
    News flash....

Brady Campaign begins new effort to OUTLAW TRICYCLES that allow operators to point finger guns at others with cocked thumb!

The brady group IS a hate group plain and simple.

Talking

LMFAO!!!!! MOONBAT! I love it! You hit the nail on the head. That's my new word for him and his ilk like Maddow, Behar, Oprah, Pelosi etc.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Banned
    Moonbats:

Stew is an entertainer, He pokes fun at whomever will get Comedy Central the highest ratings. There are retards people on both sides of the isle, and it's fun to laugh at all of them.

The federal government is where the brightest minds of our special education system go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    Stew is an entertainer, He pokes fun at whomever will get Comedy Central the highest ratings. There are retards people on both sides of the isle, and it's fun to laugh at all of them.

The federal government is where the brightest minds of our special education system go.
    Well said. All of it. +1