• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jon Stewart attacked by Brady Campaign

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
As Jon Stewart continues to grow into his role as “America’s most trusted news anchor,” he appears to be becoming more libertarian in his views regarding the Second Amendment ...

See the video's in the my article (linked below) for an astonishing apology to Charlton Heston and his Oprah show claim that banning guns is not the solution to school shooting which prompted a freakout by Brady Campaign shill Paul Helmke.

Excerpt from my Gun Rights Examiner Column

daddy4count

Stewart is awesome... you have to respect a left-wing tv personality who is usually first to call out the left when they go off the deep end.

These days "middle of the road" is the new extreme

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
John Stewart is a moonbat, just because he doesn't totally support the far left on this ONE ISSUE, doesn't impress me. I'd bet any amount of money he'd ridicule the idea of people openly carrying w/o a license, or for that matter carrying concealed after paying thousands in fees, keeping a lawyer on retainer, a psyche eval every year and random police searches of your home.

Don't be fooled, Stewart is NOT on our side. He's just not on the far left fringe on this particular issue.

eye95

John Stewart is a moonbat, just because he doesn't totally support the far left on this ONE ISSUE, doesn't impress me. I'd bet any amount of money he'd ridicule the idea of people openly carrying w/o a license, or for that matter carrying concealed after paying thousands in fees, keeping a lawyer on retainer, a psyche eval every year and random police searches of your home.

Don't be fooled, Stewart is NOT on our side. He's just not on the far left fringe on this particular issue.

How dare you insult moonbats like this! The NAAMB and the MBCLU will hear about you!

Daylen

um he already did.http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-12-2010/open-carrier-discrimination

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
My enemy's enemy is my friend?

or

My enemy's enemy is my more different enemy?

My hunch (i.e. not based on a large body of facts or quotes) is that Stewart's positions regarding firearms are more restrictive than many here would be comfortable with. However, I would argue that he uses his large venue to advocate moderateness and civil discourse. This advocacy may not be readily apparent on the surface, but can be found in the space between the gags and seen in the range of topics covered and guests interviewed. Furthermore, Stewart ridicules (often, rightly ridicules) figures on both sides of the divide. He cannot be dismissed as another liberal puppet.

Last edited:

sultan62

I certainly don't agree with everything he says, but I tend to agree with petrophase on this one-he's not a puppet.

Jack House

Yeah, it was quite funny to watch him mock the Brady Bunch. Or was that Colbert? I forget. lol

Last edited:

Deacon Blues

John Stewart is a moonbat, just because he doesn't totally support the far left on this ONE ISSUE, doesn't impress me.
Stewart is a TV personality. Like a politician, he either has no convictions, or simply has learned to put them aside for the sake of his audience. This isn't the 90s; everyone knows the Brady Campaign is a joke now. Stewart is just embracing the new mainstream. He just makes a much smoother transition than Chris Matthews.

You don't cheer a weather vane for pointing in the right direction.

The_Game

Jon Stewart, as far as the TV personality, is simply a character. It doesn't matter what Jon Stewart the man feels on the topic in regards to what the character says.

since9

Campaign Veteran
What I find more amazing about Jon apologizing about being wrong with respect to Heston on Oprah to thunderous applause was Oprah's flabberghasted look as she realized that one comment undermined much of her work helping the Brady Campaign.

Instead of jumping all over him like the left does with the right and the right does with the left, listen instead to the program itself, beginning with 8:15 into it (though from the beginning if you'd like).

His pitch for his Rally begins at 9:24.

Sadly, his apology to Charleton Heston used to be here, but was removed as a purported violation of Harpo productions.

Harpo is Oprah spelled backwards. If you want to slam anyone over any of these issues, slam Oprah for bending over backwards to censor Jon's ONE comment (his Heston apology) with which she found herself highly offended.

Jon Stewart, as far as the TV personality, is simply a character. It doesn't matter what Jon Stewart the man feels on the topic in regards to what the character says.

The point I think the OP was trying to make is that perhaps both Jon as well as his character are beginning to be as sick as I and many others are with respect to "left this" and "right that" instead of intelligent people sitting down to discuss what's right, wrong, and best for our society, and that perhaps his views are becoming more Libertarian in the process of his taking a more sane, rational approach to all this. Even in the Part 1, he admits to having guns, to which Oprah showed a subtle, but detectable surprise.

Last edited:

NRAMARINE

LMFAO!!!!! MOONBAT! I love it! You hit the nail on the head. That's my new word for him and his ilk like Maddow, Behar, Oprah, Pelosi etc.