• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL's Protest of Eric Cantor's Anti-Gun GOP Roundup 10/2/10 2PM-4PM

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Good to see everyone today. I got LOTS of comments on my shirt.. wore it to the gun show today and then to the protest.
DSC01853.JPG

DSC01854.JPG

DSC01855.JPG

DSC01856.JPG

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Remember last year?

Last year the Round-up and our Freedom Rally was held on Oct 17th - the weather was much chiller. It was so windy, the hot air balloon could not be launched.

darthmord

Wished I could have made it this year (last year was fun) but this time around my wife had her drill weekend this last weekend and my daughters had Girl Scout stuff going on. No way to reasonably get away to join in.

Glad to hear about a good turn out.

Repeater

Many thanks to all that took the time to come out and support this - some drove quite a distance i.e. NoVa, Roanoke, Yorktown and other points near and far. You are the strength of VCDL.

Eric Cantor and Lynwood Cobb may be ignoring you, but others are hearing and understanding the message - loud and clear.

Either Eric doesn't think he needs us or doesn't wish to do more than pay lip service to our fundamental rights. That is the shame of it.

Time may come..................

It seems Cantor is having an Advisory Meeting this Thursday:
Time: October 14, 2010 from 5:30pm to 7pm
Street: 6624 West Broad Street
City/Town: Richmond, VA 23230
Event Type: eric, cantor, advisory, meeting
Organized By: Laura J Alcorn
Perhaps he needs to hear the advice of Virginia gun owners who live -- and defend themselves -- in the 7th district.

How much longer can Cobb and Cantor ignore gun owners?

2a4all

THe friend of my enemy is my???

Got this flier in today's mail from Rob Wittman's campaign.

Attachments

• Cantor guest at Wittman Breakfast.pdf
    48.9 KB · Views: 80

45acpForMe

Got this flier in today's mail from Rob Wittman's campaign.

Yes I got one also and recycled it. I was going to complain but figured that Rob had to work with the GOP "leadership" since he is still a junior congressman. Since Cantor is in the leadership and so close by I figured it made sense for Rob to allow him to help campaign. Personally I would like Rob to distance himself from Rhino's like Cantor.

Rob also had a fundraiser earlier in the year with Scott Brown from Mass. I did complain to him for that since Scott is another Rhino that enabled the Obamacare atrocity to come to a vote.

So if you are Rob Wittman you could take what you get as far as help raising money to campaign or tell the Rhino's to go packing. Unfortunately he chose the easier less principled route. I was interested to see that one Gun organization gave Rob a "B" as a compromiser on 2A rights. From what I have seen he seemed an "A" in my book but will have to monitor his votes closely.

dbc3804

It seems Cantor is having an Advisory Meeting this Thursday:

Perhaps he needs to hear the advice of Virginia gun owners who live -- and defend themselves -- in the 7th district.

How much longer can Cobb and Cantor ignore gun owners?

Even though I like him for the most part, I'll be ignoring Cantor in November when I implement my own term limits plan by voting against whoever is currently in office.

Repeater

Cantor is now for a ban on Earmarks - before he considered returning to Earmarks

Even though I like him for the most part, I'll be ignoring Cantor in November when I implement my own term limits plan by voting against whoever is currently in office.

An Election Year Conversion, perhaps?

That is why the next Republican Conference should immediately move to eliminate earmarks.

Would it really pain him to write something like:

That is why the next Republican Conference should immediately move to eliminate gun bans.

I wonder.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Would it really pain him to write something like:

That is why the next Republican Conference should immediately move to eliminate gun bans.

I wonder.

Of course it would. He's a politician. He's going to focus his pandering where he thinks it will get him the most mileage.