Thread: First OC

First OC

Hello I am new to open carry. Yesterday was my first open carry and my wife and I walked around the neighborhood with our daughter in the stroller. It was quite interesting. I had a few odd stares but one guy came up to me and actually congratulated me on my choice to OC and said that he OC's whenever he gets the chance. I still am a bit nervous about entering businesses with my firearm but I guess that passes with time. Any advice to get past the first carry jitters?

Also is there a Open Carry group in the Coeur D' Alene area or is anyone interested in starting one?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cmavity3 View Post
    Hello I am new to open carry. Yesterday was my first open carry and my wife and I walked around the neighborhood with our daughter in the stroller. It was quite interesting. I had a few odd stares but one guy came up to me and actually congratulated me on my choice to OC and said that he OC's whenever he gets the chance. I still am a bit nervous about entering businesses with my firearm but I guess that passes with time. Any advice to get past the first carry jitters?

Also is there a Open Carry group in the Coeur D' Alene area or is anyone interested in starting one?
    O yea I was thinking the same thing WE need to get us NORTH ID folks a regular meeting.

I live n Post Falls but I try my best to OC everywhere around 40-50% only 20 so cant conceal yet and dont plan on it ether. I carry a 44mag.

stop n and see me at the HAYDEN Albertsons deli we can chat.

sorry about my grammar I know its bad.

will do when i get some time. and np about the grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by cmavity3 View Post
    ... Any advice to get past the first carry jitters?

You are welcome to join us this Saturday at Starbucks in the Spokane Valley. There is no easier way to get over the jitters than with a support group.

Map http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...ed=0CDQQnQIwBA
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

To help get over the jitters is to just do it. Start with places that are know to be OC friendly and work from there. Walmarts, target and starbucks are a few places to start with. Maybe get with some of the other people in your area and hang out for lunch, coffee or something. Got to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by None2Slow View Post
    To help get over the jitters is to just do it. Start with places that are know to be OC friendly and work from there. Walmarts, target and starbucks are a few places to start with. Maybe get with some of the other people in your area and hang out for lunch, coffee or something. Got to start somewhere.
    +1 good advice. I would add most gas stations to that list. Standing at the gas pump is so easy to do. Do what you normally do.
    Last edited by DCKilla; 10-10-2010 at 10:18 AM.