• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC

cmavity3

Hello I am new to open carry. Yesterday was my first open carry and my wife and I walked around the neighborhood with our daughter in the stroller. It was quite interesting. I had a few odd stares but one guy came up to me and actually congratulated me on my choice to OC and said that he OC's whenever he gets the chance. I still am a bit nervous about entering businesses with my firearm but I guess that passes with time. Any advice to get past the first carry jitters?

Also is there a Open Carry group in the Coeur D' Alene area or is anyone interested in starting one?

cdub

Hello I am new to open carry. Yesterday was my first open carry and my wife and I walked around the neighborhood with our daughter in the stroller. It was quite interesting. I had a few odd stares but one guy came up to me and actually congratulated me on my choice to OC and said that he OC's whenever he gets the chance. I still am a bit nervous about entering businesses with my firearm but I guess that passes with time. Any advice to get past the first carry jitters?

Also is there a Open Carry group in the Coeur D' Alene area or is anyone interested in starting one?

O yea I was thinking the same thing WE need to get us NORTH ID folks a regular meeting.

I live n Post Falls but I try my best to OC everywhere around 40-50% only 20 so cant conceal yet and dont plan on it ether. I carry a 44mag.

stop n and see me at the HAYDEN Albertsons deli we can chat.

sorry about my grammar I know its bad.

o2ryan

None2Slow

To help get over the jitters is to just do it. Start with places that are know to be OC friendly and work from there. Walmarts, target and starbucks are a few places to start with. Maybe get with some of the other people in your area and hang out for lunch, coffee or something. Got to start somewhere.

DCKilla

To help get over the jitters is to just do it. Start with places that are know to be OC friendly and work from there. Walmarts, target and starbucks are a few places to start with. Maybe get with some of the other people in your area and hang out for lunch, coffee or something. Got to start somewhere.
+1 good advice. I would add most gas stations to that list. Standing at the gas pump is so easy to do. Do what you normally do.

Last edited: