• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are there any places to shoot up Emigration Canyon or Parley's Canyon?

YoZUpZ

Does anyone know of any good places up Emigration canyon (preferred) or Parley's canyon to shoot? I usually go shooting at ranges, and the couple times that I haven't, I've gone shooting out towards Tooele and Utah Lake. I'd like to get out and practice more shooting while moving drills, Rifle to handgun transitions, etc... and live on the east side of SLC, and was hoping that there are some closer places that I could get out to and shoot at. I live at the base of Emigration canyon, so if there is anything up there, that would be prefered. Thanks! :)