Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks Spanaway

Starbucks Spanaway

As this thread has gotten so long it has become tough too navigate, http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...s-in-STARBUCKS!

and so many people have showed interest in meeting up there Saturday, I figured I would start this up to make it easier to discuss meeting there this weekend.

Sounds like 10:00 AM is the preferred time Saturday.

Correct me, please if this is not the right location, and I will edit to fix it:

15803 Pacific Ave S

See y'all there.

After reading what happened (at least the first several pages) and listening to the audio, I think a meetup there would be great. I am sure my hubby Genken will be there (he may not know that just yet!). Hope everything goes great!

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    I will be there Saturday.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Planning on attending.

Quote Originally Posted by ainie View Post
    After reading what happened (at least the first several pages) and listening to the audio, I think a meetup there would be great. I am sure my hubby Genken will be there (he may not know that just yet!). Hope everything goes great!
    Sweet, and welcome to the board!

After reading the audio...

That's unbelievable. I'll be there, 10AM sharp.

Someone please tell me, is that this Saturday, October 2nd? I know we normally get together on the second Saturday. Could someone also give me the address of the Starbucks we are meeting at? I will do a Google Maps and find it. Thanks!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post
    Sweet, and welcome to the board!
    Thank you! I live in Texas and this will be Genken's last chance for a meetup before we start the move to a new base. Was really hoping there was one going on for his last weekend up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Someone please tell me, is that this Saturday, October 2nd? I know we normally get together on the second Saturday. Could someone also give me the address of the Starbucks we are meeting at? I will do a Google Maps and find it. Thanks!
    http://www.starbucks.com/store/11684
    Live Free or Die!

15803 Pacific Ave S Spanaway

This Saturday, 10:00AM.

Not a substitute for the second Saturday, just an impromptu in support of Tom and the awesome job he did in dealing with his run in with the Pierce County Sheriff's deputies.
    Last edited by Sparky508; 09-29-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: adress correction

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Got it, thanks. Please verify for me if it's this Saturday, Oct. 2 instead of the second Saturday. Just want to be sure I'm there on the right day! Thanks!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Got it, thanks. Please verify for me if it's this Saturday, Oct. 2 instead of the second Saturday. Just want to be sure I'm there on the right day! Thanks!
    Correct, this meet is this Saturday the 2nd. It is not the normal 2nd Saturday Meet (as it is the 1st Saturday).
    Live Free or Die!

15803 Pacific Ave S Spanaway

This Saturday, 10:00AM.

Not a substitute for the second Saturday, just an impromptu in support of Tom and the awesome job he did in dealing with his run in with the Pierce County Sheriff's deputies.
    Thanks, much appreciated! I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Correct, this meet is this Saturday the 2nd. It is not the normal 2nd Saturday Meet (as it is the 1st Saturday).
    The second is saturday, but not the second saturday, nor our first or second meeting, probably normal, but probably not our normal meeting, or last, normal or otherwise, or saturday.......................................

I will be there. This Starbucks is a tad SMALL so expect to be outside We had 8 today and we packed the place

See everyone there +3 for me.

Devil will 100% be there, especially since it is not only a show of support but also a "haha Genken your wife made you come again, and even on your last weekend up here!"

I will try and swing by and grab paddy too...
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

The second is saturday, but not the second saturday, nor our first or second meeting, probably normal, but probably not our normal meeting, or last, normal or otherwise, or saturday.......................................
    Talk about talking in circles.....

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    Devil will 100% be there, especially since it is not only a show of support but also a "haha Genken your wife made you come again, and even on your last weekend up here!"

I will try and swing by and grab paddy too...
    LMFAO! +1 to Devil, ainie, and the horse I rode in on!

If I can get a ride from someone I deffinately want to be there!!!

Hello everyone, Frequent lurker, first time poster here! I'm kind of bypassing the normal introductions, hopefully that's not too much of a violation of normal forum decorum.

This issue, as well as the the audio of what happened to the OP has made my blood boil as it has for others. I'm a proponent of OC and 2A. I'm going to try and make it the the event as well, while open carrying. The one question I have is, if there are no members of the sheriffs office there, is there a point to this gathering? We already know that Starbuck's is ok with OC, and it seems that without a police presence(sp), it might as well be a meeting in someones back yard. Kind of the old saying "if a tree falls in the woods and no ones around to hear it, does it make a sound?" If no police are there to witness the gathering, is it just a boost to Starbucks profits?

Dave

just spoke with Genken....he knows he is going now...lol
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by dadada View Post
    Hello everyone, Frequent lurker, first time poster here! I'm kind of bypassing the normal introductions, hopefully that's not too much of a violation of normal forum decorum.

This issue, as well as the the audio of what happened to the OP has made my blood boil as it has for others. I'm a proponent of OC and 2A. I'm going to try and make it the the event as well, while open carrying. The one question I have is, if there are no members of the sheriffs office there, is there a point to this gathering? We already know that Starbuck's is ok with OC, and it seems that without a police presence(sp), it might as well be a meeting in someones back yard. Kind of the old saying "if a tree falls in the woods and no ones around to hear it, does it make a sound?" If no police are there to witness the gathering, is it just a boost to Starbucks profits?

Dave

Here is the thing...there is LEO's that frequently chekc these boards and are even some members on here. Whether or not the SO comes out or not it will get it through their head that we will not tolerate this kind of behavior.

Also this is more of a "Yeah good job Tom we are all behind you." type deal then a "ha ha we will get you (evil) coppers." type of thing.....

oh yeah and Welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by devildoc5; 09-29-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dadada View Post

Dave

I take it as a show of support for the OP. Shows that we won't be run off or intimidated by the LE in that area for participating in a perfectly legal activity. Doesn't matter whether they show up or not, they will get word of it.

I take it as a show of support for the OP. Shows that we won't be run off or intimidated by the LE in that area for participating in a perfectly legal activity. Doesn't matter whether they show up or not, they will get word of it.
    +1 Ruby - Spanaway is a small community. The word will get around.

its definitely a show of support for tom, and all he has been thru.
    the cops KNOW there is a problem!
    THEY WILL NOT BE THERE!!!
    BUT they DO know!!

KUDOS to you Tom, you really did very well!

and welcome back Ruby!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast