• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks Spanaway

devildoc5

Hello everyone, Frequent lurker, first time poster here! I'm kind of bypassing the normal introductions, hopefully that's not too much of a violation of normal forum decorum.

This issue, as well as the the audio of what happened to the OP has made my blood boil as it has for others. I'm a proponent of OC and 2A. I'm going to try and make it the the event as well, while open carrying. The one question I have is, if there are no members of the sheriffs office there, is there a point to this gathering? We already know that Starbuck's is ok with OC, and it seems that without a police presence(sp), it might as well be a meeting in someones back yard. Kind of the old saying "if a tree falls in the woods and no ones around to hear it, does it make a sound?" If no police are there to witness the gathering, is it just a boost to Starbucks profits?

Dave

Here is the thing...there is LEO's that frequently chekc these boards and are even some members on here. Whether or not the SO comes out or not it will get it through their head that we will not tolerate this kind of behavior.

Also this is more of a "Yeah good job Tom we are all behind you." type deal then a "ha ha we will get you (evil) coppers." type of thing.....

oh yeah and Welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

Ruby

Hello everyone, Frequent lurker, first time poster here! I'm kind of bypassing the normal introductions, hopefully that's not too much of a violation of normal forum decorum.

This issue, as well as the the audio of what happened to the OP has made my blood boil as it has for others. I'm a proponent of OC and 2A. I'm going to try and make it the the event as well, while open carrying. The one question I have is, if there are no members of the sheriffs office there, is there a point to this gathering? We already know that Starbuck's is ok with OC, and it seems that without a police presence(sp), it might as well be a meeting in someones back yard. Kind of the old saying "if a tree falls in the woods and no ones around to hear it, does it make a sound?" If no police are there to witness the gathering, is it just a boost to Starbucks profits?

Dave

I take it as a show of support for the OP. Shows that we won't be run off or intimidated by the LE in that area for participating in a perfectly legal activity. Doesn't matter whether they show up or not, they will get word of it.

Deleted_User

I take it as a show of support for the OP. Shows that we won't be run off or intimidated by the LE in that area for participating in a perfectly legal activity. Doesn't matter whether they show up or not, they will get word of it.

+1 Ruby - Spanaway is a small community. The word will get around.

1245A Defender

its definitely a show of support for tom, and all he has been thru.
the cops KNOW there is a problem!
THEY WILL NOT BE THERE!!!
BUT they DO know!!

KUDOS to you Tom, you really did very well!

and welcome back Ruby!!

dadada

Here is the thing...there is LEO's that frequently chekc these boards and are even some members on here. Whether or not the SO comes out or not it will get it through their head that we will not tolerate this kind of behavior.

Also this is more of a "Yeah good job Tom we are all behind you." type deal then a "ha ha we will get you (evil) coppers." type of thing.....

oh yeah and Welcome to the forums!

Thats cool, and the support for Tom as well. I've got a recorder on my phone ready to go quickly. One suggestion I've got in recording the officers name/badge#. I saw Toms post where he didn't get the officers names as he didn't have paper/pen. Many of us might find ourselves in similar position. With your recorder going, you can say the officers names out loud. "well officer Smith, jones and Adams, as I was saying..." Their names should be visible on the uniform, or you can ask them for it. It should get picked up by your recorder, and save you the trouble of having to write it down. And thanks for the welcome.

devildoc5

I believe it would be best to use the "I'm sorry but can I have your name so I may address you appropriately and with the respect afford your TITLE?" That way you get the officer themself(ves) stating their name on your recorder...

It also makes it look like you have tried to be completely respectful and it was not your fault the officer(s) were being rude and disrespectful and violated your rights. It makes you out to be the good guy in my opinion at least.

Then again IANAL and I didnt sleep at a Holiday Inn Express either....

Last edited:

ainie

Devil will 100% be there, especially since it is not only a show of support but also a "haha Genken your wife made you come again, and even on your last weekend up here!" :monkey:monkey:monkey

I will try and swing by and grab paddy too...

LOL I don't want to hear him complaining that he missed out later! And I told him I committed him to it after he agreed to go haha

Genken

LOL I don't want to hear him complaining that he missed out later! And I told him I committed him to it after he agreed to go haha

Lol. Thank you babe.

Yeah, I'll be there. It's like a 10 minute drive from here. And sometimes, I don't mind being voluntold to do something or go somewhere...depending on who's doing the voluntelling and what the voluntelling involves.

ainie

Lol. Thank you babe.

Yeah, I'll be there. It's like a 10 minute drive from here. And sometimes, I don't mind being voluntold to do something or go somewhere...depending on who's doing the voluntelling and what the voluntelling involves.

LOL We are going to end that conversation there! At least my involvement in it. I hope y'all have a great meetup =)

tombrewster421

Dave

I was actually wondering if the media should be contacted to make your support more visible.

DEROS72

I will be there with Bookman.

As far as contacting the media I could do so with my contacts there.Lately they havn't given us a whole lot of coverage because there is never any conflict .However this is one of the most blatent violations of the 4th I have ever seen they most likely would.Especially in a Starbucks. .Maybe having the media dive down the face of these LE might wake them up.

Let me have some input on this guys, Do you want to discuss all this with the media prior to consulting with an attorney?? Could be a good thing to get Toms position out there preemtively so to speak.I could talk with them personally and word it so they would have to show up and maybe get an interview with him as to what happened and get the word out, and with the audio recording to back up his statement will lend credibility to the 2A position regarding unnessesary harrasment by LE...This has to stop!!!

So Tom if thats what you want to do PM me your contact info as I can forward it to my media contacts to talk with you.

Last edited: