• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-Resident Permit Wait?

Riana

Anyone know the approximate wait time on a non-resident permit? I know it was ridiculous - has it improved with the fee increase slowing down demand?

nhsig220

They MUST issue within 14 days or notify you in writing of a denial.

If you do not receive either within 14 days, the law has been broken. Pick up the phone, call them and demand that it be done NOW.

14 days is 14 days.......no excuses.

Riana

They MUST issue within 14 days or notify you in writing of a denial.

If you do not receive either within 14 days, the law has been broken. Pick up the phone, call them and demand that it be done NOW.

14 days is 14 days.......no excuses.

Thanks. I know they're supposed to issue in 14 days, and I can start calling about it on Day 15. I was just wondering if they'd gotten the time back down to that level yet. I'm sending in my application today, and travelling up there in November. It'd be nice if I had my permit back by then (I know that's pushing it).

Rattrapper

Thanks. I know they're supposed to issue in 14 days, and I can start calling about it on Day 15. I was just wondering if they'd gotten the time back down to that level yet. I'm sending in my application today, and travelling up there in November. It'd be nice if I had my permit back by then (I know that's pushing it).

Send the Application, Return Receipt. This way you will have a date that Public Safety recieved it and then you can start counting days. You can plan on 14 dayss to issue, then 2 days for USPS. After that make your calls, There are NO EXCUSES for violating the law. I don't care what thier back log is that is not our problem, that is thier problem. They want these laws, then they can process them with in the time required. Make the state a no license required then they won't have this problem.

Riana

Send the Application, Return Receipt. This way you will have a date that Public Safety recieved it and then you can start counting days. You can plan on 14 dayss to issue, then 2 days for USPS. After that make your calls, There are NO EXCUSES for violating the law. I don't care what thier back log is that is not our problem, that is thier problem. They want these laws, then they can process them with in the time required. Make the state a no license required then they won't have this problem.

I sent it Express Mail, with delivery confirmation. Monday is Day 1. We'll see how it goes.

M1911a1lvr

I got my NH non-resident revolver/pistol permit today in the mail. I live in Vermont and it took exactly 14 days to get it. I sent it the day my wife came home on leave 18 Sept, It came in today's mail 2 Oct. So 14 days it is.......

HeroHog

I got mine in right at two weeks when I first got it a little over a year ago. Changing it when I moved was a snap and took a few days!

Riana

Update: They received the application on October 4th, mailed the permit on October 12th, and I got it this afternoon (October 15th). That's 7 business days (plus 3 days return mail). Woohoo!

M1911a1lvr

Update: They received the application on October 4th, mailed the permit on October 12th, and I got it this afternoon (October 15th). That's 7 business days (plus 3 days return mail). Woohoo!

It's cool to know that you are now able to carry in a lot of different places......Now to get the Utah or FL non-resi permit. That is a lot of states to visit.......

Riana

It's cool to know that you are now able to carry in a lot of different places......Now to get the Utah or FL non-resi permit. That is a lot of states to visit.......

I actually never visit anywhere that doesn't honor my VA permit... except NH. And on the drive up, the only states that don't recognize either VA or NH are states that don't recognize ANY other permits (so it gets locked up anyhow).

NH was the last piece of the puzzle I needed.