Thread: Looking For A Video

Unhappy Looking For A Video

A friend told me about a video about a lady who lives in Boston who is anti-gun. She volunteered to move in with a gun collector for a couple of weeks. I can't seem to find the it. Can anyone give me a link to this video?
    Last edited by 5o56x45; 09-30-2010 at 02:30 AM.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    It's from a TV show called "30 Days". The episode is called "Gun Nation" Here's a link:

http://splodetv.com/video/30-days-gun-nation-episode
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

I tried to watch the video but I could only make it through a few minutes before that lady made me want to throw up in my mouth.

How clueless...
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Please go back and give it another try.

stay safe.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    It's from a TV show called "30 Days". The episode is called "Gun Nation" Here's a link:

http://splodetv.com/video/30-days-gun-nation-episode
    Thank you very much!!! I couldn't find it for the life of me.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

My computer quit on me and I didn't get to see past 38 minutes. And the slider won't let me just move forward that far.

Someone want to tell me what i missed?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    My computer quit on me and I didn't get to see past 38 minutes. And the slider won't let me just move forward that far.

Someone want to tell me what i missed?
    It was a happy ending with lots of kissing and hugging. They met in the middle on the topic somewhat. She realized by the end of the whole thing that there are good people that have guns and use them for good.

(him) Okay, you can pull the trigger whenever you're ready. (her) *BLAM* Waaaaaa! Waaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaa! (him) What's the matter? Did it hurt? (her) No.

WTF is up with that? Firing a shotgun at a flying orange saucer brought her to tears???? Did I miss something?

What a typical hippie wuss. "I hate guns." "I've never touched a gun before."

Quote Originally Posted by 5o56x45 View Post
    It was a happy ending with lots of kissing and hugging. They met in the middle on the topic somewhat. She realized by the end of the whole thing that there are good people that have guns and use them for good.
    Thanks much. That's about what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Overdose View Post
    (him) Okay, you can pull the trigger whenever you're ready. (her) *BLAM* Waaaaaa! Waaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaa! (him) What's the matter? Did it hurt? (her) No.

WTF is up with that? Firing a shotgun at a flying orange saucer brought her to tears???? Did I miss something?

We should invite her to the next NC Range Day. Last time we busted up 3 cases of clays, and could have shot another 3 if we'd had more daylight.

Not a tear was shed, and nobody complained.

I try to take at least 1 "shooting virgin" to the range each month. So far, I've had positive results with every new shooter I've taken to the range. I've NEVER had a new shooter cry, and most of them end up at the end of the day asking when we can go shooting again...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

The above link works, but could only play the first few minutes of it. No longer available on Hulu.

Found it on Amazon Video on Demand, and Itunes (if you have an Ipod). Both sites offer it for $1.99.

Overall....a very good piece. Pia went into this with a very one-sided opinion of guns, and came out of it with a very neutral point of view. Seems like it opened up her mind some.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient