• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On the lighter side. Lets see your guns!

DEROS72

Mini-14 with now 10 ready 30 rnd mags and a 20,Tanfoglio Witness .45 with 5 mags ,Bersa .380 with 5 mags.Several hundred rnds per gun reserve ammunition.

Old Grump

Just a few of my toys, Dan Wesson was fired double action. Ruger Old Army w/ 30 gr of FFFg and round ball and Ruger Super Blackhawk obviously fired single action.

Last one is my Osama target I shoot at once a year on Sept. 11, doesn't do any good but it makes me feel better. That was 50 yards with 10/22 and Remington Golden bullet from a bench.

These 3 are 100 yard small bore targets at 100 yards with my 1911A1 NM 45, S&W M41 and Mossberg 20 gauge. Not as good as my 41 mag or 44 mag but they will do in a pinch if I have to be unsociable at a boogerman at that range. The 3 misses with my 45 were barely an inch off the paper at 9 O'clock. The hole in the 8 ring of the 45 target is a double. wish I could do that more often but my old eyeballs aren't up to it anymore. I had to paint my front sight white and put a narrow blue line at the top of the sight so I could see it in that bright sun. The 22 needed just a touch of white and the Mossberg was scoped with a 2.5X Deerfield scope.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Kel Tec

Kel Tec PF9. (Yes the clip and barrel are gold plated)

Didn't really cost much, I have my own plating machine that I bought about 8 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4566A.jpg
    IMG_4566A.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Tomas

My first one =)
Taurus Slim PT709
mybaby.jpg

Appears we have twins... :D

709_grip_position.jpg

My 709 also has some friends...

arms01.jpg

Not much but they work for me. :)

ETA: Decided to show my 709 in some different outfits she likes...

709_dressing.jpg

The first is the most comfortable of them, and OK for CC.

The next is a more formal looking thumb break, OK for OC.

The last is not quite as comfortable as the first, but carries well and has good retention - suitable for CC or OC. Probably my favorite.

Last edited:

ainie

I live in a state that I can't OC and I have not gotten my permit for CC as we are getting ready to PCS. So no fun stuff for mine yet. Luckily my husband knows a little more about that stuff than I do! lol

mparramore

I live in a state that I can't OC and I have not gotten my permit for CC as we are getting ready to PCS. So no fun stuff for mine yet. Luckily my husband knows a little more about that stuff than I do! lol

Does Texas and Cali have the same OC rule? You can only OC with a empty magazine or no magazine right?
Update: I believe that I am wrong. I cannot find anything about OCing in Texas as legal.

Last edited:

killchain

Sure, why not.

1. Maverick 88 12ga "Field." 28in barrel with choke. I use it exclusively for trap. "Fun."

2. Maverick 88 12ga "Security." 20in barrel, smoothbore. It's got slugs in the saddle; that was for any bears last time I went camping. "Use."

3. Bushmaster M4A3 5.56mm. My service/fun/work/SHTF/whatever I need a rifle for rifle. It's the one in my avatar. "Use."

4. Ruger 10/22 .22LR. Tacticooled out. I wanted a new gun, so I just slapped some parts on one I had. Viola! "Fun."

5. Mosin Nagant M38 7.62x54R. My bolt action carbine. Shoots like a tack driver, and isn't 85 feet long. Yes, it needs that Limbsaver. "Use."

6. Winchester 1300 Defender, 12ga. 20in barrel, smooth bore. It actually belongs to the love of my life. "Fun."

7. FNP-45 .45ACP. It holds 15+1 .45ACP. It's a tack driver. My goto pistol for any serious business. 'Nuff said. "Use."

8. FNP-40 .40S&W. Current OC piece. Shoots great and straight. "Use."

9. Beretta 92FS 9mm. My first firearm. Works and shoots excellent. It goes nowhere but to a child that will appreciate it. "Use."

10. Kel-Tec P3AT .380ACP. My "EDC" mousegun. I actually own two, one is in the wife's purse. They do what they were designed to do: fling .380ACP at a bad guy under 10yd away. "Use."

Attachments

• 100_2408.jpg
    100_2408.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 133

ainie

Does Texas and Cali have the same OC rule? You can only OC with a empty magazine or no magazine right?
Update: I believe that I am wrong. I cannot find anything about OCing in Texas as legal.

You would think Texas would be a little more gun friendly but the only thing legal right now is CC with absolutely no printing (from what I heard difficult to do down here with the heat). But they are afraid of the criminals..... last I checked criminals didn't care if it was legal to carry or not.

Genken

OC IS NOT LEGAL in Texas. Almost ever...

In the Texas forum, one guy was talking about OCing while traveling like 400 miles or somesuch. Otherwise, no OC in Texas. I will be sad. My wife said there is some kind of OC in New Mexico, I will look into that.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
OC IS NOT LEGAL in Texas. Almost ever...

In the Texas forum, one guy was talking about OCing while traveling like 400 miles or somesuch. Otherwise, no OC in Texas. I will be sad. My wife said there is some kind of OC in New Mexico, I will look into that.

I OC'd through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico on my way to Texas a few weeks ago. No Problems. Stopped for gas less than 100 yards from the Texas border and concealed when I got back into the truck to proceed into Texas. New Mexico treats your vehicle as an extension of your home, so you may OC or CC while driving.

No pictures of my guns, as they all were lost in a tragic boating accident after returning from Texas.:lol: