Thread: Finally got asked if I was an LEO

Smile Finally got asked if I was an LEO

Well someone finally asked if I was an LEO . I was on my way to pick up my wife from work around 10pm. I stopped to get some gas and a soda went to go pay for my stuff the cashier asked me if I liked his music he had a CD that he made. I told him it sounded good then he asked what I do for a living told him I fixed helicopters that's when he asked you work for the police I said no then he asked why do you have a gun. I was ready to go for the funny remarks but instead I said for my protection. Then he asked me do you need it and I said don't need it want it lots of crazy people out there. Then he asked me if it was legal so I explained it to him. Had a good little chat.

Sounds like it went good! At least he didn't sound like he was too close minded about it.

all in all went good he told me he had got robbed at gun point once when he lived in NY. Hey wanted more info told him what I could but I had to run maybe next time.

Always carry a few copies of the "Your NC Gun Rights" brochures in your pocket when you OC. I've handed out over a dozen in the last week in the Washington/Greenville area alone.

People will take your words MUCH more seriously if you hand them something printed...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I get asked "What kind of work do you do?" a lot.

My natural inclination is to say none of your damn business but I remember I'm an ambassador to gun owners like it or not and I politely say my firearm is not related to my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith45acp View Post
    I get asked "What kind of work do you do?" a lot.

My natural inclination is to say none of your damn business but I remember I'm an ambassador to gun owners like it or not and I politely say my firearm is not related to my work.
    My smart a@@ attitude want's to come out all the time, and whenever I carry, I find it hard to suppress it at times.

I think me having my 1911 on my hip acts as an anchor of sort to me, don't know if anyone else feels the same way
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by elixin77 View Post
    My smart a@@ attitude want's to come out all the time, and whenever I carry, I find it hard to suppress it at times.

I think me having my 1911 on my hip acts as an anchor of sort to me, don't know if anyone else feels the same way
    Right here.

My favorite is...... OBSERVER: "Are you afraid someones gonna rob you?"
    ME: "No. Because I have a gun and you don't. That makes you the easier target for robbery." Usually you can see the light come on in their head.

Sort of like the old joke that I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun my friend.

I did have a good conversation with the cashier chick in the convenience store about 2 AM the other night. She asks the inevitable "Are you a cop" question to which my reply was no. Then she says "Well, how come you get to carry a gun?" I explained to her that "getting to" had nothing to do with it and that everyone (except for felons, etc. ) could open carry in most places. She was real appreciative for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by elixin77 View Post

I agree also

If people notice I am open carrying, they always ask if I'm a cop. Probably because I'm ex-military and have that cop look to me. Funny thing is, one time I got pulled over when CCing and after I identified myself as having a weapon, the cop asked if I was a cop

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    If people notice I am open carrying, they always ask if I'm a cop. Probably because I'm ex-military and have that cop look to me. Funny thing is, one time I got pulled over when CCing and after I identified myself as having a weapon, the cop asked if I was a cop
    Ha, nice.