• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally got asked if I was an LEO

bwhunter65

Well someone finally asked if I was an LEO . I was on my way to pick up my wife from work around 10pm. I stopped to get some gas and a soda went to go pay for my stuff the cashier asked me if I liked his music he had a CD that he made. I told him it sounded good then he asked what I do for a living told him I fixed helicopters that's when he asked you work for the police I said no then he asked why do you have a gun. I was ready to go for the funny remarks but instead I said for my protection. Then he asked me do you need it and I said don't need it want it lots of crazy people out there. Then he asked me if it was legal so I explained it to him. Had a good little chat.

Dreamer

Always carry a few copies of the "Your NC Gun Rights" brochures in your pocket when you OC. I've handed out over a dozen in the last week in the Washington/Greenville area alone.

People will take your words MUCH more seriously if you hand them something printed...

Smith45acp

I get asked "What kind of work do you do?" a lot.

My natural inclination is to say none of your damn business but I remember I'm an ambassador to gun owners like it or not and I politely say my firearm is not related to my work.

elixin77

I get asked "What kind of work do you do?" a lot.

My natural inclination is to say none of your damn business but I remember I'm an ambassador to gun owners like it or not and I politely say my firearm is not related to my work.

My smart a@@ attitude want's to come out all the time, and whenever I carry, I find it hard to suppress it at times.

I think me having my 1911 on my hip acts as an anchor of sort to me, don't know if anyone else feels the same way

sultan62

My smart a@@ attitude want's to come out all the time, and whenever I carry, I find it hard to suppress it at times.

I think me having my 1911 on my hip acts as an anchor of sort to me, don't know if anyone else feels the same way

Right here.

Anthony_I_Am

My favorite is...... OBSERVER: "Are you afraid someones gonna rob you?"
ME: "No. Because I have a gun and you don't. That makes you the easier target for robbery." Usually you can see the light come on in their head.

Sort of like the old joke that I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun my friend.

I did have a good conversation with the cashier chick in the convenience store about 2 AM the other night. She asks the inevitable "Are you a cop" question to which my reply was no. Then she says "Well, how come you get to carry a gun?" I explained to her that "getting to" had nothing to do with it and that everyone (except for felons, etc. ) could open carry in most places. She was real appreciative for the information.

REDFIVE48

If people notice I am open carrying, they always ask if I'm a cop. Probably because I'm ex-military and have that cop look to me. Funny thing is, one time I got pulled over when CCing and after I identified myself as having a weapon, the cop asked if I was a cop :)

sultan62

If people notice I am open carrying, they always ask if I'm a cop. Probably because I'm ex-military and have that cop look to me. Funny thing is, one time I got pulled over when CCing and after I identified myself as having a weapon, the cop asked if I was a cop :)

Ha, nice.