• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever had to pull on a bad guy?

lil_freak_66

Not every one posts in that section.

Me,back in Feb. i came close,had to shoulder my ruger(keeping it pointed down though)
My ex step father/sisters father (whom hasnt lived here in 4 1/2 years and has no custody)
got released from jail at 5am and walked right over here,apparently to try and beg for a place to stay from what he says,well it was about 6am and he decided to try and break in my front door to gain access to the inside.
He was pounding on the door,hard enough that it sent a nice crack through the door frame and indents on the door itself.
I got woke up by my dog,heard the noise,grabbed my ruger and then held him there for a minute,until i realized it was him,then i let him in.
no LEO's involved,he offered to fix the damage,he didnt have a coat on.

Then another time,back in late july,a group of drunk guys at a movie theatre decided to pick a fight with me and aliesha(last movie of the night,we were the only ones left in there)
Long story short,i pulled my knife out and kept them at bay until security arrived,they ran off.

sultan62

Never so much as a close call while OCing. At home I have had one hidden but in my hand at the door on a couple of occasions, but these instances were solved with words without them ever knowing I had a weapon.

Oh wait. One time when a drunk guy stumbled into my apartment late at night. He was just in the wrong place, and was too far gone to even see the gun.

Beerme

Banned
Not every one posts in that section.

Me,back in Feb. i came close,had to shoulder my ruger(keeping it pointed down though)
My ex step father/sisters father (whom hasnt lived here in 4 1/2 years and has no custody)
got released from jail at 5am and walked right over here,apparently to try and beg for a place to stay from what he says,well it was about 6am and he decided to try and break in my front door to gain access to the inside.
He was pounding on the door,hard enough that it sent a nice crack through the door frame and indents on the door itself.
I got woke up by my dog,heard the noise,grabbed my ruger and then held him there for a minute,until i realized it was him,then i let him in.
no LEO's involved,he offered to fix the damage,he didnt have a coat on.

Then another time,back in late july,a group of drunk guys at a movie theatre decided to pick a fight with me and aliesha(last movie of the night,we were the only ones left in there)
Long story short,i pulled my knife out and kept them at bay until security arrived,they ran off.

not this crap again.
you forgot to mention that you blindly threatened to shoot whoever was out there.

lil_freak_66

beerme,dont start again,you know that is not true,i merely said to stop or risk being shot(or something similar,cant remember exactly)

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
He never saw the gun. It was raining, and at night. I was following this van, looked like an old ford used for plumbing repair, he was doing 20 in a 25 and pulled to the right, so I thought he was stopping so I went around him. Next thing he gets on my @$$ with his high beams on. Great. So I sped up a bit, and he stated right there, so I sped up a bit more and tagged the brakes to let him know. That didnt work, so I nailed the gas, so did he, we were going XXX mph for a bit, so when I turned back on the main road, I let him pass hoping that would appease him, and put me back in control of the situation. Well, he stopped in the middle of the road, so I kept behind and to the right. He pulled to the side of the road, and I kept myself positioned facing the opposite direction but where I could leave in any direction I chose, quickly if needed. By then, I had already drawn, and my window was down. I kept his van to the left side of my car the entire time. Then he gets out, and puts his hands up in that confrontational "whats up" fashion, and starts swearing at me, "WTF is your problem @$$hole", you know. I told him that I thought he was stopping, he comes back with "I was doing 25, Ive got a 3 year old in the car." I responded with, "then why don't you drive like you have got a 3 year old in the car you f*cking idiot"? His wife was inn the window, obviously ashamed and embarrassed. He was debating on approaching me, he was about 40 feet away, but wasn't sure. I told him "You are in way over your head here, you need to get back in your van and go home" and I pulled away. I had the opportunity to leave, and I set things up so he was outside the van which was pointing the other direction, so I was able to disappear before he could follow me. I know the area very well, so I knew how long it would take him to get to the next light, so I ducked into a neighborhood, and waited for a minute. as I had expected, when I got back out and to the light, I was 2 cars behind. As he turned onto the main road, I was able to get behind him, and get the plate # in case I needed it later. He saw me, and turned the opposite direction that he was originally going, probably because he knew I was following him, and didn't know if I would try to follow him home. I'm sure he was wondering hownthe heck I wound up behind him to begin with.

Haman J.T.

Nope.But the training to draw did go through my mind when the first time a gun was pointed at me,until I recognized it was a LEO pointing it at me.My brain worked just as it has been trained ,in a millisecond,and kept me calm and on extremely high alert!

kryptonian

once. stopped for gas on 8 mile in southfield after work at night. after i gassed up i sat in my pickup for a minute looking for something. a messy unshaven white guy early 20's came up to my driver window. sig sauer was already in my hand. he asked if i any had money to give to him. i said i have money just none for you. he said more insistantly that i need to give him money. said again - not for you. his hands were in his pockets and i kept my eyes on that and said 'you need to go away from me right now'. he demanded i show him how much i had. i said 'yeah you're right. i have 9 (pointing it at him). all he said was 'bye' and pedaled away. i didn't report it to the police.
i think he was trying to intimidate me without ever saying a direct threat. that way if caught he could say he was just trying to panhandle and not rob.
if anybody is old enough to remember the bernard goetz case in new york this was a good example. he said they threatened him with a screwdriver on the subway and demanded money. he had a concealed revolver and shot them. when interviewed they said they were just asking for money. for a while he was the poster child for personal protection even if he had an illegal weapon in new york.

Bailenforcer

Bernard was my hero.

if I remember all of the thugs had long long criminal records for muggings, robbery and the like.

once. stopped for gas on 8 mile in southfield after work at night. after i gassed up i sat in my pickup for a minute looking for something. a messy unshaven white guy early 20's came up to my driver window. sig sauer was already in my hand. he asked if i any had money to give to him. i said i have money just none for you. he said more insistantly that i need to give him money. said again - not for you. his hands were in his pockets and i kept my eyes on that and said 'you need to go away from me right now'. he demanded i show him how much i had. i said 'yeah you're right. i have 9 (pointing it at him). all he said was 'bye' and pedaled away. i didn't report it to the police.
i think he was trying to intimidate me without ever saying a direct threat. that way if caught he could say he was just trying to panhandle and not rob.
if anybody is old enough to remember the bernard goetz case in new york this was a good example. he said they threatened him with a screwdriver on the subway and demanded money. he had a concealed revolver and shot them. when interviewed they said they were just asking for money. for a while he was the poster child for personal protection even if he had an illegal weapon in new york.