Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it time yet?

Is it time yet?

remember, if you are too soon you are a terrorist. If you wait too long you are a slave (subject).

This is what Patrick Henry said:

There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free–if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending–if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained–we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us! They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength but irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

If you are trying to compare the political situation of today to that of the mid- late-1700's in America, the answer is a resounding "NO, it is not time!"

While things are nowhere near either the utopia that the Left or the Right wish for, things are still being done under the rule of law and elections are both free and capable of changing the direction of the country.

Go read the Declaration of Independence. Look at the long list of grievances that the Founders had endured, and how long they had endured them, before declaring ENOUGH. Thankfully, we have a long way still to go before things are as bad as they once were.

Why are you so interested in skipping all the steps between being personally miffed about a few things and declaring all-ouit revolution?

stay safe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    If you are trying to compare the political situation of today to that of the mid- late-1700's in America, the answer is a resounding "NO, it is not time!"

While things are nowhere near either the utopia that the Left or the Right wish for, things are still being done under the rule of law and elections are both free and capable of changing the direction of the country.

Go read the Declaration of Independence. Look at the long list of grievances that the Founders had endured, and how long they had endured them, before declaring ENOUGH. Thankfully, we have a long way still to go before things are as bad as they once were.

Why are you so interested in skipping all the steps between being personally miffed about a few things and declaring all-ouit revolution?

stay safe.
    +1

Momentum is building, though. I'd rather we stop the momentum and change directions before it ever becomes time.

November provides a big opportunity. Folks need to remember that elections have consequences.

I submit this from observation,

Any revolution will not, I say again, NOT, come from the right, but from the left.

In all the conservative (TEA Party) protests I've read of, not one, I say again NOT ONE, act of violence has been reported, that I have seen. The fact is that a before and after shot of the mall in D.C. of Glenn Becks rally on 8/28 showed that it was cleaner after the rally than when it began. That, in itself, says volumes about the conservative movement.

In almost every liberal protest, there has been burning of police vehicles, turning over of vehicles, looting, assaults and other sorts of violence.

My scenario is this: We win enough elections in the near future to start converting back to a Constitutional government and start doing away with some of these giveaways, departments and agencies that we have now. This will infuriate the left and the revolution will inevitably begin. They simply will not tolerate not being given what is "owed" to them.

Like David Crockett found out, there is no provision in the Constitution for charity. And by this I mean charity of any kind, whether it be to foreign governments, to corporations, to 501(c)3s, to individuals, to political candidates, or any of the other types of charities that our congress gives our public monies to.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

"In almost every liberal protest, there has been burning of police vehicles, turning over of vehicles, looting, assaults and other sorts of violence."

In what country? Not the U.S. I call bs without some sort of documentation.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Also Rodney King, Democratic Convention 1968, returning Vietnam vets, Woodborough Baptist Church is trying to incite. Hell, look what happened when they won the NBA championship in , was it Detroit or Chicago?
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Also Rodney King, Democratic Convention 1968, returning Vietnam vets, Woodborough Baptist Church is trying to incite. Hell, look what happened when they won the NBA championship in , was it Detroit or Chicago?
    There was also the G8 protest in Seatlle (2000?) where dozens of fascist sociopaths who called themselves anarchists trashed businesses and destroyed property. It really doesn't matter how much evidence you give a liberal though, they live in a universe of lies and reject any information that compromises their programming and delusions of moral superiority.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    It really doesn't matter how much evidence you give a liberal though, they live in a universe of lies and reject any information that compromises their programming and delusions of moral superiority.
    That is true. They seem to live a world of complete denial.
    Will Rogers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    There was also the G8 protest in Seatlle (2000?) where dozens of fascist sociopaths who called themselves anarchists trashed businesses and destroyed property. It really doesn't matter how much evidence you give a liberal though, they live in a universe of lies and reject any information that compromises their programming and delusions of moral superiority.
    Then there are all those Tea Partiers and Restore Americers who trash every place they demonst...oh...wait...they generally pick up after themselves, often leaving the place nicer than they found it.

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Then there are all those Tea Partiers and Restore Americers who trash every place they demonst...oh...wait...they generally pick up after themselves, often leaving the place nicer than they found it.

Never mind.
    http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/0...s-of-the-dncc/

There were all the US flags that were thrown on the floor of the...

Oh wait...

Well it must have been Bush's fault somehow. Perhaps he didn't fund enough for proper disposal. Yeah, that'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    That is true. They seem to live a world of complete denial.
    I once told a libtard that he was stuck in denial. He replied that he'd never even been to Egypt.

Skid, I beg to differ with the second clause in your sentence. See these links and other links in the forums.

http://chinkinthearmor.net/

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=168777

Another good one from Karl Deninger

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?po...45&findnew#new

[QUOTE=riverrat10k;1376664Skid, I beg to differ with the second clause in your sentence. See these links and other links in the forums[/QUOTE]

Differing right back at ya, good buddy. Incumbents still stand for reelection. The legislatures are still in session. We can stand on the streetcorner with our protest signs, mail letters to the Editors of newspapers in the hopes they will publish them - or alternatively create our own blogs to air our grievances, and while it is getting worse rather than better we can still move about between states without having to show passes at the borders. Among the many other things that the Founders suffered through for years before crying Enough!

Admittedly things are pretty crappy. But they are not as crappy as they could be. And there is still time and the opportunity to pull back from the brink and reverse direction regarding some, if not all, of the issues you and others mentioned.

stay safe.

Almost every. That would be what percentage? 1%...5%.

I get your point, skid.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Differing right back at ya, good buddy. Incumbents still stand for reelection. The legislatures are still in session. We can stand on the streetcorner with our protest signs, mail letters to the Editors of newspapers in the hopes they will publish them - or alternatively create our own blogs to air our grievances, and while it is getting worse rather than better we can still move about between states without having to show passes at the borders. Among the many other things that the Founders suffered through for years before crying Enough!

Admittedly things are pretty crappy. But they are not as crappy as they could be. And there is still time and the opportunity to pull back from the brink and reverse direction regarding some, if not all, of the issues you and others mentioned.

stay safe.
    My point is the powers that be are incrementally making us slaves. But I agree with your statement that all is not yet lost. Hopefully, we will still have an election in three weeks. (removes tin foil hat)

I was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but I use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and I agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but I use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and I agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.
    Bingo +1

i was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but i use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and i agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.
    ^^^this!^^^
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Centurion

AMEN in the STRONGEST WAYS POSSIBLE!

Banned
    We definitely need restoration. However, revolution and restoration are in no way mutually dependent. You can have revolution and make matters worse, or you can have revolution that restores the Constitution. You can achieve restoration with or without revolution.

I don't think that anyone who posts here would disagree on restoration. The problem I have is that several members here want to accomplish restoration with revolution.

IMO, that is not acceptable.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    While it is true that we Americans have the right to abolish our government by force of arms if necessary, such action would be the last resort after having suffered "a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism" and not the first. At such a time it would not only be our right, but our duty to act against our servant oppressors.

As others have already stated, we are far from that course at this time. Yes, there are abuses. Yes, there are violations of conscience and Constitution. Yes, there are evil deeds past and present to our demise. However, we still maintain the upper hand and the means to keep that control. As long as we have this, they cannot succeed unless in our apathy and ignorance, we allow them to do so.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-14-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    While it is true that we Americans have the right to abolish our government by force of arms if necessary, such action would be the last resort after having suffered "a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism" and not the first. At such a time it would not only be our right, but our duty to act against our servant oppressors.

As others have already stated, we are far from that course at this time. Yes, there are abuses. Yes, there are violations of conscience and Constitution. Yes, there are evil deeds past and present to our demise. However, we still maintain the upper hand and the means to keep that control. As long as we have this, they cannot succeed unless in our apathy and ignorance, we allow them to do so.
    Well said.

Also, consider this: The more that people with whom we associate advocate a revolutionary fix, the less we have that upper hand of which you speak. Our rhetoric loses credibility when associated with talk of non-rhetorical action.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Well said.

Also, consider this: The more that people with whom we associate advocate a revolutionary fix, the less we have that upper hand of which you speak. Our rhetoric loses credibility when associated with talk of non-rhetorical action.
    Another +1, it's also why I get disgusted reading leftist drivel about "evil rich people" or stereotyping police as agents of oppression. We live in what is still the best country on earth, and we are making positive steps in restoration. In spite of efforts by infiltrators and the tin foil hat brigades to marginalize our agenda by making us all look like delusional lunatics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast