• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it time yet?

Thundar

remember, if you are too soon you are a terrorist. If you wait too long you are a slave (subject).

This is what Patrick Henry said:

There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free–if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending–if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained–we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us! They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength but irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you are trying to compare the political situation of today to that of the mid- late-1700's in America, the answer is a resounding "NO, it is not time!"

While things are nowhere near either the utopia that the Left or the Right wish for, things are still being done under the rule of law and elections are both free and capable of changing the direction of the country.

Go read the Declaration of Independence. Look at the long list of grievances that the Founders had endured, and how long they had endured them, before declaring ENOUGH. Thankfully, we have a long way still to go before things are as bad as they once were.

Why are you so interested in skipping all the steps between being personally miffed about a few things and declaring all-ouit revolution?

stay safe.

eye95

If you are trying to compare the political situation of today to that of the mid- late-1700's in America, the answer is a resounding "NO, it is not time!"

While things are nowhere near either the utopia that the Left or the Right wish for, things are still being done under the rule of law and elections are both free and capable of changing the direction of the country.

Go read the Declaration of Independence. Look at the long list of grievances that the Founders had endured, and how long they had endured them, before declaring ENOUGH. Thankfully, we have a long way still to go before things are as bad as they once were.

Why are you so interested in skipping all the steps between being personally miffed about a few things and declaring all-ouit revolution?

stay safe.

+1

Momentum is building, though. I'd rather we stop the momentum and change directions before it ever becomes time.

November provides a big opportunity. Folks need to remember that elections have consequences.

rodbender

I submit this from observation,

Any revolution will not, I say again, NOT, come from the right, but from the left.

In all the conservative (TEA Party) protests I've read of, not one, I say again NOT ONE, act of violence has been reported, that I have seen. The fact is that a before and after shot of the mall in D.C. of Glenn Becks rally on 8/28 showed that it was cleaner after the rally than when it began. That, in itself, says volumes about the conservative movement.

In almost every liberal protest, there has been burning of police vehicles, turning over of vehicles, looting, assaults and other sorts of violence.

My scenario is this: We win enough elections in the near future to start converting back to a Constitutional government and start doing away with some of these giveaways, departments and agencies that we have now. This will infuriate the left and the revolution will inevitably begin. They simply will not tolerate not being given what is "owed" to them.

Like David Crockett found out, there is no provision in the Constitution for charity. And by this I mean charity of any kind, whether it be to foreign governments, to corporations, to 501(c)3s, to individuals, to political candidates, or any of the other types of charities that our congress gives our public monies to.

beebobby

"In almost every liberal protest, there has been burning of police vehicles, turning over of vehicles, looting, assaults and other sorts of violence."

In what country? Not the U.S. I call bs without some sort of documentation.

rodbender

Also Rodney King, Democratic Convention 1968, returning Vietnam vets, Woodborough Baptist Church is trying to incite. Hell, look what happened when they won the NBA championship in , was it Detroit or Chicago?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Also Rodney King, Democratic Convention 1968, returning Vietnam vets, Woodborough Baptist Church is trying to incite. Hell, look what happened when they won the NBA championship in , was it Detroit or Chicago?

There was also the G8 protest in Seatlle (2000?) where dozens of fascist sociopaths who called themselves anarchists trashed businesses and destroyed property. It really doesn't matter how much evidence you give a liberal though, they live in a universe of lies and reject any information that compromises their programming and delusions of moral superiority.

eye95

There was also the G8 protest in Seatlle (2000?) where dozens of fascist sociopaths who called themselves anarchists trashed businesses and destroyed property. It really doesn't matter how much evidence you give a liberal though, they live in a universe of lies and reject any information that compromises their programming and delusions of moral superiority.

Then there are all those Tea Partiers and Restore Americers who trash every place they demonst...oh...wait...they generally pick up after themselves, often leaving the place nicer than they found it.

Never mind.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Then there are all those Tea Partiers and Restore Americers who trash every place they demonst...oh...wait...they generally pick up after themselves, often leaving the place nicer than they found it.

Never mind.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/06/the-recycled-flags-of-the-dncc/

There were all the US flags that were thrown on the floor of the...

Oh wait...

Well it must have been Bush's fault somehow. Perhaps he didn't fund enough for proper disposal. Yeah, that'll work.:rolleyes:

riverrat10k

Skid, I beg to differ with the second clause in your sentence. See these links and other links in the forums.

http://chinkinthearmor.net/

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=168777

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
riverrat10k;1376664Skid said:
Differing right back at ya, good buddy. Incumbents still stand for reelection. The legislatures are still in session. We can stand on the streetcorner with our protest signs, mail letters to the Editors of newspapers in the hopes they will publish them - or alternatively create our own blogs to air our grievances, and while it is getting worse rather than better we can still move about between states without having to show passes at the borders. Among the many other things that the Founders suffered through for years before crying Enough!

Admittedly things are pretty crappy. But they are not as crappy as they could be. And there is still time and the opportunity to pull back from the brink and reverse direction regarding some, if not all, of the issues you and others mentioned.

stay safe.

riverrat10k

I get your point, skid.

Differing right back at ya, good buddy. Incumbents still stand for reelection. The legislatures are still in session. We can stand on the streetcorner with our protest signs, mail letters to the Editors of newspapers in the hopes they will publish them - or alternatively create our own blogs to air our grievances, and while it is getting worse rather than better we can still move about between states without having to show passes at the borders. Among the many other things that the Founders suffered through for years before crying Enough!

Admittedly things are pretty crappy. But they are not as crappy as they could be. And there is still time and the opportunity to pull back from the brink and reverse direction regarding some, if not all, of the issues you and others mentioned.

stay safe.

My point is the powers that be are incrementally making us slaves. But I agree with your statement that all is not yet lost. Hopefully, we will still have an election in three weeks. (removes tin foil hat)

nobama

I was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but I use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and I agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but I use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and I agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.

Bingo +1

HeroHog

i was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but i use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and i agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.
^^^this!^^^